Bayswell Park Hotel
US$84
US$70
US$201
Hotels.com
Nether Abbey Hotel(North Berwick)
US$221
The Folly(North Berwick)
  • Beachfront
St. Vedas Hotel(Coldingham)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tub suitegroupon deallate checkelemis productsview restaurantamazing viewschocolate dipped strawberriesneck and shoulder massagesteaklick of paintbottle of proseccoyoung waitercooked breakfaststaff were lovelyjohn muiroverlooking the seabass rock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Just had afternoon tea at the hotel. It was very good. staff very helpful. I forgot to ask for sandwiches without butter. NOT A PROBLEM to change them.
Great selection of cakes and scones.
Would recommend it. Clean warm and great views.
Will be back
Liz Currie & Marlyn Smith

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Bayswell P, Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Morning,

I am very please you enjoyed your visit here with us at The Bayswell Park.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 22 January 2018

A great afternoon tea was had by four of us - all the food was really high quality, plentigul and my vegetarian friend had her own special selection. It was a lovely setting in the conservatory with stunning views and the staff were very helpful. Will be back.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Good Morning,
I am so glad you enjoy your afternoon tea here with us at The Bayswell Park.
We do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel through 5 pm.com for my partners birthday, we’ve been once before which was last year, we loved it so decided to go back. We booked the hot tub suite. We got there, the room looked really quite shabby and not very clean! We went to go into the hot tub, there was no handle on the lid as it was broken off!! We managed to lift it off, we got in the hot tub the temperature was 40 degrees.. lovely.. then we started getting cold, we checked the temperature and it was reading 32 degrees.. it was a cold night so we decided to get out, put the lid back on and see if it would heat up. Only we couldn’t get the lid on as there was no handle!! My partner tried himself and pulled a muscle in his back so now he’s in agony!! My partner went to reception to ask for help as I couldn’t lift the lid.. Terry ( the very helpful guy at reception) came to help and they got the lid back on. After checking it an hour and a half later ( as instructed)
it still read 32 degrees.. we decided to get ready for dinner, we spoke to Joe the manager, and told him about the hot tub he said ‘ ohh yeah it’s been like that for 3 or 4 days we are waiting on an engineer coming!! WHAT?? Why would you book people in knowing that the bloody hot tub isn’t working?? That’s why we where there!!! He tried to pass the buck by giving us a business card to contact the regional manager Mr Iain [--].. who’s no longer there and hasn’t been for about 6 weeks or so!! Not impressed at all, the food was lovely the rest of the staff are lovely and helpful, they too where frustrated with complaints from customers, not their fault but they get the brunt of it, this place has gone downhill big time in a year. Obviously due to new management. I nearly fell flat on my face as I tripped up over a ripped mat at the door, loads of cobwebs, sofa in the room was quite stained and old. Really, really disappointed in this hotel. Joe the ‘manager’, is a waste of space. We are still waiting on him phoning us back re our bill. DEFINITELY WON’T BE BACK! I did make 5pm aware of this situation, they gave me great communication as they’d spoke to the manager, but Joe’s just not interested. Shame!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank lornarae952
Bayswell P, General Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Morning,
I am very sorry to read of your poor experience.
If you are able to e-mail me on manager@bayswell.com I would be very grateful for the opportunity to investigate and make amends. Kind regards,
Joel

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Took my mum for a birthday treat, she remembers the views from the diningroom as Dunbars' old outdoor swimming pool. Greeted by Gareth and Fraser on arrival who took care of us as we had an excellent 3 course meal, lovely surprise for the birthday girl to have Happy Birthday written in chocolate on her sweet bowl, well done Jimmy the chef it was appreciated.
Will see you all soon x

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Joel G, Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Jac F,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner have stayed here regularly we yactually booked this for the night we got married and loved it. We stayed in room 23. In January 2017 we decided it would be romantic to spend new year here and stay in room 23. We requested this when booking and were told that it wasn't a problem we would get the room. When we arrived we were taken to another room. It was explained to us that our hot tub was better. As we could see people in the hot tub in 23 we decided there was little point in creating a scene regarding the hotels error. The room itself wasn't especially clean, the curtain on the door looked very grubby there was smarties on the floor, cobwebs on the door and the dust in the bathtub was something to behold. The room had 2 radiators one worked one didn't. So it was cold. We were not provided with any toiletries which is a shame as I remember you were given elmeris toiletries previously. There was no greeting package in the room e.g. Fruit or short bread as there once was. The hot tub wasn't warm enough for the time of year which restricted our use of it. The cover was also damaged and leaked bits of polystyrene into the water. All in all I feel that my £500 well earned pounds to stay here was wasted and I'm struggling to say that I would ever consider returning. The hotel has gotten lazy and is missing the finishing touches that once added value to your stay. Severely disappointed. This is a hotel I have given the highest rating to in the past so it has dropped significantly in my estimations. What I also thought was awful was the manager contacted us via email to ask how our stay was and we replied and made them aware of our experience and the issues that we encountered. Almost 2 weeks later they still haven’t replied. Very unimpressive.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lmcc1979
Joel G, Manager at Bayswell Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hello,

I am very sorry to read of your poor experience.

If you were able to e-mail me on manager@bayswell.com I would be very grateful for the opportunity to investigate and make amends.

Kind regards,