We had an amazing 3 night stay at The Clifton for our honeymoon, February 2014. View from our suite over Sandown Bay was stunning, what a way to wake up! Breakfast in the sunny restaurant was nice with plenty of choice for us. The hotel was spotlessly clean and we liked the tasteful decor, which was modern but sensitive to the period of the property. We particularly liked the old maps and old pictures of The Clifton and Shanklin.
Ideally located on the cliff top and also near Shanklin old town and centre. We didnt have the car and got around no problem, bus stops nearby as well as the station. David also knows the local taxi companies who were fine. Unlike previous reviews we found the staff at The Clifton helpful, friendly and made our honeymoon special. Perfect way to spend a relaxing few days, thanks David and Carys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton's privileged location on the Shanklin cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility. The stunning view of Shanklin bay can be enjoyed from the lounge and bar, where light meals are available all day. We also cater for gluten free diets. In the award winning cliff top garden you can also take advantage of the fabulous sea view, warm Isle of Wight sunshine, wonderful sea air, and refreshments from the licensed bar. Local is Best……with prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. The garden opens out to Keats Green and the lovely walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay. This also leads to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Clifton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Shanklin, Isle Of Wight