US$175
US$148
Braemar Hotel Shanklin(Shanklin)(Great Value!)
US$74
Book now, pay at stay
US$153
US$124
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

The Clifton(Shanklin)
  • Free Breakfast
Aqua Hotel(Shanklin)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

For the fifth year running we have visited the Mayfair Hotel on a school visit-I cannot recommend it highly enough! Every year it improves a little more!
Fantastic location, incredibly helpful staff -perfect for a school/group trip! Thank you!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2016

We booked for two rooms only as we could not stay in our lovely caravan in Bembridge at white cliff bay any longer than the Friday of the Bank holiday. We picked the 1st hotel on our I pad, why we did not read the reviews on here I cannot think why??? My husband went in first to book in and had to pay upfront. If I had gone in first I would have walked straight out again. It was shabby and looked awful. There was no lift so taking the luggage up the steep stairs was not a good experience. The room had been recently painted and because I have Copd it made me feel quite ill. They had made a wee effort with this room but it was certainly a drop in the ocean. The furniture was disgusting and so old and shabby and apart from the paint smell there was certainly a dirty smell in the room also. The linen was clean but I did not feel the bed clean enough to get in and I slept on the top with my own pillow wrapped in my dressing gown. The bathroom had a hip bath in? I could not work out how you could have a bath in it as it was so small. I did not have to worry too much though as there was no hot water so we had a wash in the sink with the kettle water. The toilet was right up against the sliding door so it was quite a squeeze to sit on the toilet. The shower was useless you had boiling hot water or freezing cold so a wash in the sink was the most favourable. The bathroom was like the rest of the hotel tired and shabby. We paid 42 pound per night with no breakfast. We were not expecting the Ritz for that price but somewhere we felt comfortable with. I did not want to go back to the room at the end of our days out. I wish now we had come home Friday. I certainly would NEVER stay there again. Shame as the views were amazing it could be a goldmine.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mona w
Reviewed 18 April 2016

Actually live fairly close to this hotel and want to warn potential visitors that they do not see what we see. The fron of the hotel has been painted but the back (the part visitors do not see) is crumbling away, has virtually no paint left on the bricks and is filthy. The bin area is disgustingly dirty and rats have been seen there. No wonder a lot of the reviews say how bad it is. There are many lovely places to stay on the Island, this is not one of them. A shame really as it is in such a beautiful position

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ShirleyG4
MAYX41, Public Relations Manager at Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Hello Shirley,
Thanks for your input. We have been upgrading half the hotel since November 2015 and have invested over £150,000 since this date. Improving guest satisfaction is a key goal, and as we have limited finance, we need to insure this is invested in places where guests will benefit from the most. Although the back of the hotel is on our agenda, it does not form an immediate priority at the moment, as you, your self have stated that this is: "the part that visitors don't see".

Until the rear of the hotel is refurbished, why not enjoy a refreshing drink in our bar, being located in front of your flat would mean that you would get to enjoy a lovely, uninterrupted, panoramic view of the sea... it really is breathtaking!

Your Loving Neighbor,

Mayfair Hotel

Reviewed 17 February 2016

I went to this hotel as a part of my Isle of Wight tour which was booked with Baba Krupa Leicester I stayed with this hotel for 2nights and the room was pretty good with simple facilities. The room was clean. The food wasn't great it was cold and was missing simple elements. What I really liked about this hotel was the great location (right near the beach) And due to that we got a great view. !!! good overall

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

The worse hotel I think we have ever stayed. The wardrobes were falling to pieces, the washbasin was cracked along with lots of tiles. The bed was v lumpy and our outlook was the dustbin area. Will never visit again. Seriously needs dragging into modern times.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple