“Great Burger”

Manx Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #159 of 347 Restaurants in Isle of Man
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I was staying in the Empress Hotel so had already been in this restaurant for breakfast ! Classic Burger was excellent. Sweet Potato fries yummy too. Staff very pleasant. Would have given 5 stars but my half pint of Okells wasn't the best I had had on the island.

1  Thank Gerard B

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

After hearing mixed reviews over the last year or two, I thought I'd make my own opinion on it and MGB didn't disappoint, the portion size was absolutely huge but I'd rather be saying I left full than still hungry. The burger itself was maybe a little too small for the bun, or maybe the bun was too big, either way, it's no major issue as the food was outstanding. Anyone visiting here, I HIGHLY recommend the sweet potato fries!

I'll be back soon, for sure. Let's just hope this place isn't like the rest of the islands restaurants - Consistently inconsistent. I'd love to go to the same place twice and enjoy the meal both times.

1  Thank Birchie1991
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Nice place, lots of seating and a good place to eat a solo meal and not feel conspicuous.

Decent burger offerings - I had the peppercorn burger with chips, came with a nice coleslaw too. Friendly service!

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Been here a handful of times and tried a different burger each time, they are always brilliant and consistent.

Big fan of the bacon and egg burger.

Well priced food and quick service would recommend for a decent burger and chips.

Tip - Drinking pop ask for the refill option or you will end up with a single small glass bottle.

1  Thank Kodak747
Reviewed 4 February 2016

First time trying this place and I was impressed.
Went out for something different with the family and decided to try Manx Gourmet Burgers......
It's downstairs under the Empress Hotel, I know the hotel does breakfast in the same location so the burger place would be limited to décor/styling etc.. But once you get away from the dull interior and concentrate on the food, service and value for money it can hold it's own with the fancy places.
The menu has a good choice and it's not just burgers, they also have a children's menu and a fully licensed bar.
My boy (5yrs) was a little put off initially but the staff were great and made him feel at ease.....(not like him he's usually the life and soul but I think a little tired tonight).
We got him a plain cheese burger (with no leaves LOL), my wife had a chicken thing and I had the blue cheese burger with bacon.......All I can say is wow! the dishes were well presented and the portion was a big one....We had two sides with each burger (one would have been enough)....but hey ho LOL....
The burgers are hand made meat patties and the garnishes, sides and toppings were of a very good quality. Desert was really nice, (banoffee sundae) with sharing spoons as we were a little full from the main meal LOL.
Service was great, timely and very courteous.
We went at 5:30pm and were the only ones in, (so no problem with the seating) LOL
I know it's winter and low season but for the life of me I can't understand why it wasn't busier, especially with families.......
The bill surprised even me for what we had........came to under £50 with drinks.
Loved the place and will definitely be back to explore the menu....

Just a quick note to say thank you to the staff, (especially for replacing the boys balloon he popped quickly averting an end of the world meltdown LOL)

On the whole, a great experience, a little quiet, great food, great price and I will recommend to all my friends.

1  Thank Jay B