“Very Good Meal”

Ranked #10 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I recently had a meal at this restaurant with a group of friends and the food was very good. I went for the Ribeye steak (cooked 'medium'). The only thing I would say about it is that it was cooked more like 'well done' than 'medium' and there wasn't a selection of vegetables with it which would have been nice. There was just some water cress leaves. I would have expected a bit more for the price of it. The chips were very nice topped with parmesan. For dessert, I had the blackberry cheesecake which was good but not what I expected, it could have been better. It was in a jar and didn't have any biscuit base (personally, that is my favourite part of the cheesecake) so I was slightly disappointed. However, the prosecco was lovely. The whole experience was positive but there are just a few things that could have been better as per the above.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with my wife it was very basic and lacking taste, without any of the flare I would have imagined from the reviews. But I was there at lunchtime maybe the night menu is more inspiring.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

During our weekend we visited both here and the sister restaurant, Little Fish Cafe (separate review), as they where the best rated on trip advisor.

The food was very good and of the quality expected for a restaurant of this price range. However, it was slightly rushed out which was a shame as at that point we were the only people sat upstairs. Being served starter and main within 30 minutes of arrival is a bit quick in my eyes.

Linked in with this was the (lack of) ambiance of the restaurant. Upon sitting upstairs one of the staff put music on which lasted one song and wasn't to be heard again for the night. When the second table filled this then made for an awkward atmosphere between conversation without any privacy.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. One lady was working in the sister restaurant the next day and remembered us, which was nice.

We only had the one bottle of wine as unfortunately the Michel Servin Blanc was horrible. We finished it purely because we had paid for the bottle. Some of this may be personal taste but it definitely had that vinegary undertone that you get with a cheap white wine. (No cork so that wasn't the problem).

All in all, I would eat here again if on the Isle of Man but if this was in a large city they would have lost my business.

1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here last weekend. Food was excellent and great atmosphere. Make sure you book ahead.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Booked in with a table of ten. Service was excellent. Food was equally good. Lovely setting. Would definitely go again. Value for money was good if not a little pricey