“Great lunch”

Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All our food is home made to order as we believe in a unique american dining experience where service is always with a smile. Please try our island-wide famous menu, cheese steaks, bagels, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, burgers with a lovely cup of coffee.
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

A nice place to grab an informal lunch. Deco is pleasant and staff are good too. I had a Philly Cheesesteak which i really enjoyed. Will recommend

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Visited here on a Sunday night during the second TT wk. Menu was decent and place looked clean. 3 of us were eating and ordered two Philly steak sandwiches and a wrap. Food came quick and was excellent. Bonus is they have cables so you can charge your phone.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

The food is very nice hear and the portions are very good. The restaurant also has quite a trendy feel, the staff are not the friendliest but they do there job.

My biggest issue with the cafe is the menu's are always dirty and everything on the tables is sticky.

I will continue to eat here.

DownTownCafe, Manager at DownTown Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

dear JayRDIB,
i would like to thank you for your feedback on behalf of my team, we realized that we need to replace our menus with new ones and has been ordered already.
we also had a meeting and agreed to smile more and take extra care for our tables, even on busy lunch period.
we are looking forward to see you shortly, once again we very appreciate for your genuine feedback, comments like this are giving us chances to improve our service.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Ordered cheese burger and chips was absolutely terrible, burger bun was dry and of poor quality, chips were cheap oven chips had better ones from Iceland supermarket! They couldn't even manage to dress the plate with a little salad. The cheese was awful! Processed cheese squares, not even dairylea. Was worst cheese burger and chips I've ever had and way too pricey. £ 18.00 for 2 coffees and cheeseburger and chips twice. Wouldn't go again. Better off going to macdonalds

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Surprisingly, there are not many great places for a informal lunch in Douglas and you often feel your best option is M&S. A friend recommended DownTown Cafe and very happy I found it. I had the Philly Cheesesteak with onion, and while not overly authentic (I'm from the US) it was tasty. The steak was thin but not chewy or fatty, chips were nice. My son had a burger which he liked and a chocolate chip milkshake (which anyone would like). My daughter had a smoothy that she raved about. Menu also had a lot of nice options, including belgian waffles, pancakes and omelets. Will definitely go again.