“OK Venue”
Review of Cafe At Rileys

Cafe At Rileys
Ranked #117 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Description: Open and light, the Cafe offers a range of hot local Manx dishes as well as soups, sandwiches, and arrange of seasonal salads. Ingredients are locally sourced for that special taste and knowing it’s the highest of quality. Rileys Garden Centre has a specially designed café that offers a fresh approach combining a stylish and relaxed atmosphere, with a delicious range of healthy creative homemade cuisine using the very best ingredients from all around the Isle of Man for a fantastic dining experience. Don’t miss out on our Island renowned freshly baked scones, but be quick there usual gone by midday! Speciality Coffee is a big passion of ours so we bring you the finest, GM Free, pesticide free coffee beans from Origin Coffee. A company synonymous with sustainable sourced beans, who support and work side by side with farmers from Ethiopia to Indonesia. Cafe Opening Hours Monday to Saturday: 8am to 5pm. Sunday: 10am to 4.30pm. (Hot Food served until 3.30pm)
Reviewed 8 November 2017

On a recent visit to The Isle Of Man my friend took me to this establishment for lunch. We Joined the small queue but seemed an age before we got served. I had a coffee and my friend a cold drink and took this to our table. We waited and waited and it seemed that others who came after us were getting served quicker. Well past the permissable time of waiting my friend was about to go to the counter and see what was going on our meals arrived. Food was fine and hot and I am sure the place runs smoothly most of the time. I would have made mention when leaving but it was a little busy. Having said all that the food was ok and I would visit again if in the area..

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Called on spec at breakfast time, and had an excellent meal. My order was taken by a most genial and helpful gentleman, who turned out to be the owner. I'm a fussy beggar, but he helped me pick a delightful veggie breakfast - avocado, scrambled eggs, tomato, mushrooms and beans on toast, plus tea with soya milk. All for a very reasonable sum. The food was somewhat slow in coming, especially as they were very quiet, but then all food here is cooked to order. A nice bright airy café, and I wish I'd seen the conservatory sitting area before settling myself. I think this will become a regular watering hole.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Sometimes it’s great here and I really enjoy it, other times I wonder why I even bothered.

Some days poached eggs are perfection, other days over cooked and rubbery.

The toast is very nice though.

I tried to order a sausage bap once and was told the sausages were reserved incase someone ordered a breakfast.....

That said the kids meal is very well priced and when the food is on point it’s very very nice.

Kids play area is very good also.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Yes, it's a garden centre but it's so much more too.
Fabulous cafe with all locally sourced food and very reasonably priced. The big breakfast is truly massive and all freshly cooked. (Short wait).
Lots of local books on sale and literally hundreds of authentic Isle of Man souvenirs.
It's worth spending a couple of hours here just 'mooching' around and then pop into the cafeteria for a meal or a tasty snack.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I ordered the full Manx breakfast and was pleased. It was truly big, two large sausages, two huge pieces of blood pudding, two eggs/tomatoes/bacon/toast and some beans (I asked for no mushrooms). Everything was good, nice large sausages (which they say are local). I was the first person there and it did take about 20 minutes to get the breakfast, which I thought was because I was there so early but based on other reviews may be endemic. Happy, though, and will go back for breakfast.

Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

No Lloyd but when you cook from scratch food takes time to cook.