“Busy”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award-winning, authentic Indian cuisine
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the food, and the decor is very appealing.
We waited some time to be seated even though we had booked and my husbands food wasn't particularly spicy, even though he ordered a spicy dish. They were busy, which meant we didn't necessarily feel particularly special, as it was just a simple here's your food, here's the bill.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Without doubt the best Indians I have experienced in the UK. Service is impeccable, the staff are incredibly friendly without being intrusive. Food is perfectly spiced and seasoned and well presented. The decor is modern and bright. Very reasonably priced as well for the high standard of food. Will most definitely be back very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Genuinely the best restaurant in the Bay, by far. I recommend booking as it can (understandably) get busy, and ask for the booth.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

As always... fab service .. beautiful food .... and the complimentary liqueur at the end if our meal. Just sets it off

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Me (Francis),Nora, Julie, Mark, Marion and Mick arrived in bits and bobs last Thursday and were made to feel special straight away. What a lovely welcome by Shazan and Shaz. In a few minutes the six-seater table was ready and it looked very neat and tidy. The ambiance was buzzing and the background noise was reminiscent of a cosy, cheery and bustley environment. Shaz was in charge of service and I must say it was spot on.The friendliness of the waiters was very relaxing and the waiting time for food was perfect. My party were delighted with their choices. I myself was very impressed with my madras. Normally in an Indian restaurant I leave some but the meat was deliciously tender and the sauce very tasty so every morsel was eaten and enjoyed. In fact everyone around the table were pleased with the quality of the food and the efficiency of its delivery. I thoroughly recommend this lovely restaurant and guarantee, if you come to Shikara, you will be welcomed well and fed wonderfully.
Francis PJ Mc Sherry