“Tasty food, friendly staff...great place to get your curry fix”
Review of Sampan

Sampan
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2017

This was my first time at Sampan and I truly enjoyed our dinner. We chose a combi of mild and hot mains to check out the heat levels (chicken passanda and prawn madras) with pilau rice, nan and sag paneer, washed down with a bottle of merlot. I will be back to go for the hotter dishes next time.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I was confused about the name, which suggested a Chinese Restaurant to me, until the proprietor pointed out the proximity of Bangla Desh to south east asia. The fishermen use Sampans. My companion eats here frequently and recommended it. I was not disappointed. There were a few dishes which I did not know so the waiter made an excellent recommendation. All in all, a superb evening.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Had a fun dinner here escaping our hotel. Food was delicious standard fare and service was extremely friendly. We had a very reasonable bottle of wine which was recommended by our waiter and went well with our food. Did the job!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We couldn't fault this place. We had an excellent time from start to finish. Fair price for such a good evening

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We arrived at a very quiet Sampan and were told "give me some time and I will cook you a delicious meal". This suggested we were in for a real treat. Our group of 7 ordered a mixture of dishes and we were really looking forward to a display of culinary delights.
The alarm bells rang when we were told that there was only one naan bread left, one naan bread????????? I could have sworn naan bread was a curry house staple!!!! Anyway it wasn't the end of the world so we eagerly waited and waited and waited and waited for our starters, finally some offering came out which I have to say were poor. The main meals appeared after more waiting and they were again disappointing, everyones sauce looked the same with some lumps of meat floating around, no depth of flavour at all. whatever you do don't opt for a slow cooked dish, be careful what you wish for!

1  Thank Stevefurnitureman