Planned as a post-Christmas "blow-away-the-cobwebs by the sea" break. Room clean and tasteful, but VERY small; narrow double bed (4'6"? and short - feet extended over the end), ungiving mattress, sheets and blankets rather than duvet, and we didn't sleep well. Tiny shower, no complimentary toiletries other than small bars of soap, no hair dryer. The evening meal was value for money, but reminiscent of a filling school dinner, with limited uninspiring choices: soup/risotto/juice, then chicken breast and gravy with potatoes, peas and carrots; or an omelette, or a third option that I can't remember; crumble, ice cream or pear belle helene; good selection of cheeses; coffee - all cooked OK, but unexciting in the extreme - and part of the joy of being on holiday is to have delicious, interesting meals. The breakfast basic but tasty: selection of cereals and tinned grapefruit; choice of cooked options. Not the home-from-home we had hoped for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Devon Bay Hotel. Its Stately Victorian exterior fully compliments the stylish and characteristic interior, blending old and new styles to create a unique and exciting environment. Our large and airy restaurant looks out to the front of the hotel, serving freshly prepared breakfast and dinner every day. We also have a large bar and comfortable lounge areas, which are great to sit and enjoy a drink and relax. The Devon Bay Hotel is ideally located in the bustling centre of Ilfracombe, minutes from the cliff tops and beautiful sandy beach, meaning guests have everything they need within walking distance. Our aim at Devon Bay Hotel is to ensure that your stay with us is pleasurable. You will always receive a friendly warm welcome, whether you are visiting us for lunch or dinner, a function or an overnight stay. Whether business or pleasure, why not make the Devon Bay Hotel first on your list of new venues to visit - we look forward to welcoming you. Step outside and you are on the Promenade with its many shops, cafes, and the Landmark Theatre complex. Open all year around, we offer Christmas and New Year Packages and our nightly entertainment ensures that your visit to the Devon Bay Hotel will be enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Devon Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Hotel Ilfracombe
- Devon Bay Hotel Ilfracombe