“Fun”

Southport Pleasureland
Ranked #17 of 42 things to do in Southport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With lots to see and do, rides to suit everyone and free entry, Southport Pleasureland is a fantastic day out for the whole family. Clean, bright and bursting with activities for the whole family, Southport’s premier leisure attraction is sure to bring fun and laughter to every visitor. In 2016 we have brand new rides to experience, new performances around the park by our resident actors and magician, a fabulous family amusement arcade, a brand new coffee area serving beautiful Illy coffee, fun and games on the stalls, gift shop, food and drink outlets and the park is totally free to enter!
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Took our 6yr old grandson here for the day on Saturday. We all had a great time. Loads of rides perfect for his age group, friendly staff and the card system instead of tickets works well. We enjoyed the free maze also. Plenty of places to sit and rest. All in all a good day and we will return.

1  Thank sharon s
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)
All reviews
"lanyard"
in 17 reviews
"pumpkins"

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

So pleasureland what can I say..firstly you pay a pound for a lanyard and a card then top it up with cash and use this per ride..easy enough. The rides are all quite old looking but the park is well staffed and clean..3rd ride in my husband and daughter got stuck mid air..worrying to say the least. Several patents below were also stressing as some children were unaccompanied on the ride. Various staff arrived (maintenance and men in white shirts) lots of back and forth but here is where I feel the park could improve in these situations.. 1) position a member of staff to close the ride and save worried family members having to inform the public not to queue! 2) gather together family waiting below and explain clearly the protocol being followed 3) on a hot day check on whether those stuck are ok (one 'you ok up there in 40 mins on a hotday was not ok) 4) a bottle of water and a refund for the ride was barely and apology - try actually apologising.
5) service your rides..seems this happens to often.
I must add it was insulting to have to wait and see if the £12 we had left on cards could be refunded back as I am sure you can imagine no one felt much like going on anything after that, it was refunded but it shouldnt even have needed clarification so point 6) prepare the cash booth staff to be able to deal appropriately with disapointed stressed out customers who havent had the best experience at your park.

2  Thank Mrs M
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I am disgusted at the operation of this site. My daughter and I were stuck on the rollercoaster at the top. The guys on the ground found this funny whilst my daughter was in hysterics! After being advised we were going to get down I never once would have thought they would get my 10 year old daughter down like this UN HARNESSED! They don’t check safety on rides to ensure you are safely fastened in and even the staff believe this is unsafe with comments in front of my daughter “ this isn’t the safest fair to be honest, I just work here for the money” Great way to boost confidence after what my child had just gone through . Never will I go again!!! I wouldn’t even have rated as 1 but it wouldn’t let me continue

5  Thank vikkiclarke22108499
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I have often taken my grandson to Pleasureland in the past. We have spent many happy memorable hours here. Me watching him enjoy the rides and taking photo's of him laughing as he enjoyed the ride he was on.

1  Thank linh0w
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Since the reopening of Southport Pleasureland after its closure in 2007, this little park has been going from strength to strength. I have just visited for the first time of the 2018 season and left very impressed.

Entry is free, and rides are paid for with the 'Funcard' system, where you get something that looks like a credit card and top it up with currency for the rides. The card lasts all season and can be topped up as many times as you want. This is actually a really interesting way of pricing in a free entry amuseument park,

The best ride in the park for me was the old Pinfari looping rollercoaster, which although having seen better days, still packs a punch! There is also a very good ghost train which had a live actor jumping out inside, and a whole range of travelling rides. These include a good 'Bounce' ride, an Enterprise, log flume and many children's attractions. There was also a HUSS Frisbee which had a really long cycle and works well in a small park like this.

Of particular note was the attention paid to theming in the park. Whereas some smaller parks are completely devoid of theming, Southport Pleasureland have taken great care to create the right feel. Rides are presented well considering they are mostly travelling models, and the park is clean with good theming throughout, with attention even paid to the dustbins!

I think this is a really good example of a small theme/amusement park which seems to be getting better all the time. It is also small enough to do as part of a visit to Southport in general, and therefore I would recommend that everyone go and take a look!