“average”
Review of The Old Duke

The Old Duke
Ranked #184 of 381 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Description: The Old Duke is a Marston's pub operating a Grill & Pizza menu. Our steaks are chargrilled to perfection, and our pizza bases are hand stretched and stone baked with your favourite toppings! We are family friendly and have both an indoor and an outdoors play areas. We take bookings and walk-ins are always welcome.
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Decor is awful, but food is reasonable. Service was very slow, 45 minutes to arrive even though restaurant was less than half full.

OldDukeSouthport, Manager at The Old Duke, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Alan,sorry we were too slow and you did not like the décor, I know its hard to please everyone and it does not suit you. I will pass your comments on to our design team, kindest regards Mark

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We came for my son’s 11th birthday - his request - I booked as I had heard it was busy, thoroughly enjoyed all our food, service was not rushed at all, but we enjoyed a tasty relaxed meal. Would definitely recommend it ! Thanks!

OldDukeSouthport, Manager at The Old Duke, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Lisa, thank you and your son! Our Pleasure, cheers Mark

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I would certainly NOT recommend visiting this establishment. The staff appeared lazy and lacked a smile; the food was average at best; there was nothing special or unique for the price of it; and the wait - 58 minutes on a Saturday evening (after going to complain) with very few guests for three poorly cooked, poorly presented simple meals.

I agree that it could have best to pop next door for a McDonalds, knowing they’d take 58 seconds never mind 58 minutes for the quality of the meal.

Samuel, I am so sorry we did not come up to standard. I was on duty myself on Saturday and was not made aware of any issue with either food or service.
Please give me a call so I may personally apologise, kindest regards Mark

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I visited here when it first opened and gave it an awful review so decided to go again and see if anything had improved. What a difference. We could not fault the service or the lovely cooked meals by Julia. The toilets were clean and, overall, everywhere appeared to be disable friendly. The only grievance we had was the amount of custard in a tiny pot wasn't enough, but the manager assured us that, had we have asked for more, we would have got more without a problem. All in all a lovely experience.

OldDukeSouthport, Manager at The Old Duke, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Nichol, thanks for your review, you can have as much custard as you like !!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely food and brilliant waitress Rebecca, nice cozy comfortable pub will definitely come again with family

1  Thank Katie F

Katie, I will pass your comments on to Rebecca who will be so pleased, cheers