“Good pizza and very friendly staff☺”
Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #76 of 387 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casa Italia Ristorante is one of Southport’s longest-established eateries, serving the people of Southport for over 40 years. A popular, authentic Italian restaurant with a great atmosphere, known for our fresh ingredients, generous portions and the best value Italian wine. A bustling eatery with traditional Italian interior, seating 100, all food is prepared on the premises daily, from the pizza dough right down to the home-made tiramisu. Popular both day and night, situated in the heart of Southport, opposite Lord Street Gardens.
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Went for an early dinner and had pizza and pasta. The were seven of us and no one was disappointed. Great family venue with good food. I'll certainly be back.

1  Thank Joel S

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

Went with my friend last night we had a wowcher the food was loverly we had starters and main meal the food was really good portions the staff were really nice would definitely go back again

2  Thank Alison c
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Great atmosphere, service and food. Excellent value too! Had a wowcher but no compromise on service and taste. We were even given a complementary limoncello!

2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I thought I would try an Italian restaurant for a change , so went to the Casa Italia. Arrived at 8pm, it was full, which is always a good sign. We were greeted as soon as we walked through the door and guided to our reserved table. For starters we ordered the garlic bread on a pizza base, which was delicious. For my main I requested the beef stroganoff, because it is one of my favourites and with it not being a typical Italian dish I thought I would check it out, it was perfect as was my friends main pork dish. Apart from almost getting someone else’s order and being served our main courses before the starter, it was an enjoyable evening, after all they were very busy. However I do have one gripe, we had two diet Coca Colas each which amounted to £8.80. The bottle size was 200mls (the smallest size possible) and cost £2.20 each. You can buy in Tescos now, 1.75Ltrs for £1.85 and if you buy 2 you get 3.5Ltrs for £2. Overall the food, the service and the staff were excellent.

2  Thank William G
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Visited with friend who had a pram, waiter held door open to assist when we arrived. Waiter informed us that the soup was a lovely minestrone which I ordered but turned out to be a boring vegetable soup. My friend and I both ordered pizza casa which was basically cheese and ham. During eating this pizza which tasted strange we discovered that the pizza contained a blue cheese buried under the ham. Firstly had we known this we would not have ordered this and secondly, you do not expect blue cheese on a pizza unless it has been described as containing this. As we felt the food was disappointing, we did not leave a tip. Guess what? ...despite the waiting on staff watching us struggle with the door and a pram, not one of them came to hold the door open.

1  Thank Clare G