“First Class”

Ranked #10 of 382 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant, since open in 2007, has become destination for good food lovers and wine experts. Onofrio goes himself to fish market and deals directly with the finest suppliers of fresh producers and importers from Italy. We make our own desserts including ice creams and sorbets.
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

In Southport for weekend on Rotary conference. On our own Sunday night looked at TripAdvisor like Italian went here. Need to book only a small restaurant. Typical family run place small, nothing special outside or in BUT as always food,service and wine list excellent. Unfortunately we had had 3 days non stop eating so a little jaded. Then looked at special. Smoked swordfish, unusual, trouble is must be perfect, not dry not frozen, and it was was perfect delicate great starter particular with little sweet chutney. Oh small wine list but I like my Puglia wines and they had a Brindisi wine mix of negroarmo and malvinia, sorry not quite right spelling, really nice light not too fruity but perfect to go with next course.

So we are lucky we have been to Alfredo's in Rome home of tagliatelle Alfredo which of course was perfect and here we are in Southport in an Italian with it on the menu. I had to have it. It was great.

Great night small unpretentious Italian restaurant great service,menu, and wine list. oh and the place seemed to be full of local regulars always a good sign.

Thank you.

3  Thank Richard J

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We came here for Sunday lunch, a great choice. The restaurant has both an al a carte menu and an extensive 'bargain' menu with set prices for one two or three courses, with a hot drink included. Our party had choices from both menus and all were very satisfied with their meal choices. One of the best restaurants in Southport now.

3  Thank lesleymc67
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Small Simple surroundings serving good fresh Italian food. Always worth a visit for lunch when in Southport but beware it is popular they may not be able to fit you in!

3  Thank Jcpckcsc
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We came across this little gem at the weekend. It offered a set menu and a la carte. The quality of the food was really good and portions quite filling. My advice would be to try and book as it gets busy, if you can't then try pot luck and pop in. I will certainly be back!

3  Thank kane406
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The only word to describe this place is the title of the review!!!
If you overlook the exterior, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality and good value for money you'll find in it.
As a second generation italian myself, I can honestly say that I found some tastes and smells that reminded me of my times in Italy when I was visiting my nonnis in calabria as a young boy.
I would recommend this restaurant for any eating occasion.
Grazie Mille!!