1,966 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Room clean and tidy. Walls paper thin hear everything from neighbouring rooms. Had a problem with parking. Which Scarisbrick said they had no legal requirement to solve. They had to disturb another resident to let us out after the numpty (being polite) blocked 3 cars in. We were there for 4 hours after checking out. We weren't even offered a complimentary drink and after asking we were told she (the receptionist) didn't have the authority to do that but never even found out whether we could. Diabolical public relations. Wouldn't recommend it and never going back.
The toilet wouldn't flush properly. Tv reception appalling. No Wi-Fi in rooms. Mattress rock hard.

1  Thank Sonja W
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We booked to stay over night as was going to see a show at the Southport Theatre.
We booked and stayed at The Scaresbrick hotel on Saturday 27th January. I am very disappointed to have to say, I would never want to stay in this hotel again. Our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the Night Club. Hence, did not get any sleep at all, probably nodded off about 4.30am Sunday morning. I think if we'd have known this prior to booking we would never had stayed here.

We did book in for breakfast, but after seeing the Hygeine standards of the hotel we decided to get a refund. The public lift was filthy and we were surprised to see a member of Kitchen staff using this lift to take food upstairs. Now I know he couldnt have possibly used the stairs but surely that lift should have been spotless and regularly cleaned. The room was clean and the bed comfortable but sadly are weekend was ruined by staying at this hotel.
The response from the Customer Service Team eventually replied after 3 emails. No refund was offered and basically if I had read their details it does say the are in the middle of the town where all the night clubs are.
I wont visit this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 96djones
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I like most people read the reviews on trip-advisor and I thought this hotel would be absolutely terrible but don’t believe everything you read. We stayed here for 2 nights and apart from a stain down the wall and the television not working sometimes everything else was fine. The room was clean and tidy, the view from the room was not good but hey don’t look out,we had breakfast which were ok,the location of the hotel is it’s strong point as it is right on the main road in Southport. We went to the hotels swimming pool which is very good. For the price we paid for this stay I would definitely come again.

1  Thank winsford C
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Checked into this hotel 31/1/18 for a 2 week stay and checked out 5 minutes later. The single room I had booked had a double bed but no room to put your suitcase anywhere other than the bed. No chair. Pet friendly maybe but all meals would have to be eaten in your room as there was no provision in the bar or restaurant for them. Furniture was utility with mismatching handles. Quite claustrophobic as no view other than a brick wall. Reception staff were absolutely charming though. Not worth £568.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Scarisbrick hotel last weekend 10.2.18-13.2.18 a really nice two night stay the hotel is very clean the room bigger than some we have stayed in.
Tea coffee . Iron ironing board hair dryer. And a shower over the bath very powerful. We went to the indoor market and found a great little tea room called Mad Hatters the scones are home made and better than any iv had anywhere and that includes a famous tea room in york and quarter the price we will certainly go back when in Southport again. If you like shopping you will enjoy all the quant shops and arcades.if you don’t like myself there are plenty of bars just saying lol ..