Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$41
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$91
US$80
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$106
US$52
US$84
US$79
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Aaron Guest House(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$64
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
1,939 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2018

hotel needs done up very loud at night with a disco going on in ground floor of the hotel. Breakfast not up to much dinner just passable. Dossers from the stree outside being able to walk in and out of the hotel as there is about 5 entrance doors open all day and night

Room Tip: Don't get one on the 1st floor with that disco going on till 3am.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank suegus6
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Budget hotel in desperate need of refurbishment but it is in a prime location and the special deals can be good value for money.

We've had some unfortunate experiences at this hotel in the past but on this occasion we couldn't fault the service or the meals.

Charlotte on reception was cheerful, friendly and extremely helpful. We were allocated a large quiet room (albeit sparse) despite the fact that the hotel was very busy booking in a party of 170 guests.

The dinner buffet menu was rather limited but the food was tasty and the wine (part of the package) was not too bad. Dining room staff worked hard to clear tables and minimise the time folk had to wait to be seated. Breakfast was more than adequate and the food containers were topped up right to the end of the breakfast period.

Overall we enjoyed a pleasant overnight stay and because of Charlotte in particular, we felt like valued guests.

Room Tip: Family rooms at the front of the hotel are bigger and quieter
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank B1056EKannd
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Booked here for one night So as to get to the Imperial Chinese restaurant on Neville St and sample their dim sum buffet. Delicious.
Checked in and Anna made sure we were sorted and in a quiet room as requested. She even managed to get us a fan to cool the room. Most helpful.
Next morning after a lovely breakfast my wife fell ill (nothing to do with hotel or restaurant). Dan at the spa, and once again Anna were stars they sorted us out and couldn’t have been more helpful and in particular a big thank you to Anna for going above and beyond to help.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ajh42
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Ok, so as hotels go this place is probably low average, the room was big enough for two though the bed was a little hard and the sheets smelt like grease (eww). Entertainment first night was ok probably made better as there was a decent enough crowd to sing along. Second night the singer didn’t turn up and the hotel had no alternatives other than the bars. The bars themselves were ok .. Beer was noticeably cheap and very good value. Be warned though if you are in a room at the back of the hotel and are a light sleeper take ear plugs as the bar below and the rock bar across the road will guarantee you a sleepless night. We were perplexed as to why only two towels were available for two people (bath towel and hand towel). We found out by pure chance there were extra towels in the wardrobes

The car parking is a bit hit and miss too, we contacted the hotel prior to departing regarding available spaces but got no response. On arrival the car park was full but there was no way I would have left my car in the car park as the spaces were at a premium. I enquiries about parking at the desk and was informed I could park at the Prince of Wales hotel some 100 yards down the road. This cost me £8 for two nights.

I am not sure I would stay again tbh and for someone who has done cheap and cheerful then it kind of lets you know I wasn’t overly impressed

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sid0403
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This hotel has once been very imposing, and still looks grand. Coach tours appear to have replaced the seaside holiday makers, who, of course, have now gone to warmer seasides, so although it might be a bit busy early morning and late afternoon as the coaches check in and out, it is otherwise quiet. The public rooms are still attractive, and the rooms are clean and entirely adequate, and, of course, accessed by endless corridors as all hotels of this vintage are. there is music in the evenings, an interesting bar, very decent bar prices, and all the staff I met weren't out of their way to be friendly. I booked last minute (Northern Rail once again failing to produce a train) and got a very reasonable room rate. At the price, the hotel itself leaves little to complain about..

The reason I rate the hotel as low as I do (it would otherwise be a 3, or possibly even a 4 considering the pleasant staff) is the anti-social behaviour of people around, and particularly behind, the hotel. Although very pleasant during the day, the town centre seems to suffer from widespread anti-social behaviour after dark. I could constantly hear arguments, abuse and foul language in my room, and going out later at night I did not feel comfortable. I also saw no sign of police, who might have made me feel more secure. It is a great p[ity for the hotel, and indeed for the town, both of which are otherwise rather pleasant reminders of the great days of the seaside holiday.

Room Tip: High up or at the front would be best to reduce nuisance noise
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo