“Great food and service”

Genting Casino Southport
Ranked #14 of 39 things to do in Southport
Reviewed 7 January 2018

My wife and I had two meals at the casino restaurant over the Christmas period (the second being on New Years Eve). On both occasions we were lucky enough to be seated in a both on request. The staff and restaurant manager, Svy, were absolutely fantastic and could not do enough for us. Service was carried out efficiently without either of us feeling rushed. Each course arrived promptly and was hot and delicious. I found this particularly impressive on New Years Eve as the restaurant was full yet the staff found the time to ensure our order was perfect. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting great food and a bit of excitement on the side!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"on the small side"
"lovely meal"

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Wow, Where do I start? 5 of us went here for food in between Christmas and New Year..

There was 4/5 tables seated including us. From sitting down to receiving our bill it took between 2 and 3 hours.. And I would consider us fast eaters. It took around 25 mins to receive our drinks to the table. Around 45 minutes after sitting down we received our first course, but only 4 of us received them - They forgot mine, then they came over to collect my friends' empty plates with which I told them that they had neglected to bring mine over. With that I also informed them that I didn't want to then eat my starter on my own and to just bring the mains.. 5 minutes later they bring over the starter (?!?!). So i then reiterate my point about not requiring the starter - they take it away. 30 minutes after that we received our mains. 3 of us were happy with our food but 2 of our friends received really fatty steaks (can't remember what steaks they were) - and left most of their meal.

2 of the other tables were also disgusted with the service they had received and including our table that made 3 tables who wanted a discussion with management to see what was going on, with which we were informed the restaurant manager wasn't in, one of the chefs hadn't turned up, and the floor staff were short too (there was 2 of them and 1 chef). The Casino manager was in but didn't seem to want to get involved with any of the 3 tables in the restaurant. I can't blame him for that as everyone at the casino tables seemed fine, which is his job, but at the same time - as the only management available, we did feel he should at least have the courage to approach each table with an explanation and with some form of compensation (I know they offer vouchers for the tables, which being offered we would've probably accepted and bought another round or 2 of drinks).

Overall - Terrible food service and won't be returning.

1  Thank djtrdmrk
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We were a table of 5, there were two other tables both for 6 people and another two tables of couples in the whole restaurant. One waitress completely on her own and one chef completely on their own. We waited half an hour for our drinks to arrive, over an hour for our starters, one of which never turned up... We then waited another hour for our mains, two steaks were barely edible as they were purely just fat and by the time we had waited for our desert to arrive we were beyond fed up. Four of the five separate tables all complained. The manager of the casino never once came over to us despite us asking multiple times, we had to chase after him. He left the poor waitress on her own to deal with the complaints and discounting of the bills. We had to also argue the discounting of the bills because they had agreed to take one of the steaks off it and then still put it on the bill. I want to emphasise that the waitress was lovely, apologetic and professional. It was not her fault she was left completely on her own to manage too many people. The management should be completely ashamed. I couldn’t have felt more sorry for her. It put a huge downer on our whole night and we left exceptionally disappointed.

1  Thank Jenna_25x
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We again had our Christmas party here on Friday 15th after doing the same in 2016 and we had a brilliant night. We had all pre ordered our meals so as soon as we had all got drinks we were shown to our table. The food and service was first class and the drinks just kept flowing. We will be returning next year. Thanks for the hospitality.