Hyades Mountain Resort
Vathyskia 2(Trikala)(Great Value!)
US$51
  • Free Internet
Pera Alonia Guesthouse(Trikala)(Great Value!)
US$51
Mavraganeiko(Trikala)
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsmountain resortgreat viewthe ownerjacuzzi batheggstraditional productscorinthian gulfcroissantsoff seasonwould highly recommend this placebottle of red wineenjoy the viewstayed for nightsmr yanniswinter weekendwell equipped kitchenunique experience
    Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was lucky enough to have visited this amazing place twice before writing this review.The first time was in December and the second in August. What i found most interesting in both my visits was the fact that despite we are talking about a mountain resort this place offers you a great deal of relaxation also during the summer. The moment you enter the resort hospitality and wellness are the feelings you experience during your entire stay. The owners of the resort are most kind and helpful always eager to please you in every way they can. What is also really interesting is the fact that the surrounding area has lots to offer (ski center, breathtaking lakes, enjoyable routes).
    It's really nice to see that people really care about your pleasure and well being and that's really the case at Hyades Mountain Resort.Don't Miss!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank George F
    Reviewed 19 August 2012

Simple but extremely functional log cabins, ideal for small families (we were 4) to enjoy the mountain.
    They are warm and well equipped with a separator between the master bedroom and the remaining cabin (good for some privacy in families)

The owner was very kind and helpful.

Room Tip: The are all more or less the same
    • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 29 July 2012

I visited the Hyades Mountain Resort with my boyfriend in December, 2011 during a visit to Greece. We spent the week in Athens, but thought to escape the city for the weekend to experience the Greek countryside. I must say our experience at the Resort is what made this trip stand out and can't wait to go back there again!

The drive from Athens was a little less than 2h and only the last few miles were country-road (rest was highway). The owner (Mr. Yiannis) was there to welcome us and took the time to explain all the amenities in our little cottage and around the resort.

Our little house was simply amazing! Very soft king-size bed, a working fireplace, TV and an amazing Jacuzzi which we made sure to take advantage of. The view is quite lovely too, overseeing the Corinthian Gulf from above.

During the day, we drove around to a nearby lake, hiked a bit and then went to a nearby village for dinner (can't remember the name but Mr. Yiannis, ever so helpful, will advise you where to go). At night we just took advantage of our amazing cottage, watched a movie and made use of the fireplace.

Service was excellent. Our cottage was fully equipped and well thought-thru so we didn't really need anything on that. However, my boyfriend got a sore throat and Mr. Yiannis was quick to bring us herbal mountain tea (there was already honey in our little kitchen) to brew, which I must say really helped. When we were ready to leave, Mr Yiannis also made us a bundle of herbs to take with (some to make tea and some as car freshener) - I was very touched!

All in all, I really loved our stay and it is what I remember most from our winter trip to Greece. I think the Hyades Resort is simply great for couples but I could also see a group of people going, exploring the area and playing board games at night. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank TinaGk
    Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is a one stop you can't afford to miss if you want to see the absolute best in travel services near Athens. The comments for Mr. Yannis (the owner) had me suspected before my visit, since I've never seen so many positive comments for any other hotel in greece. But the place and the owner exceeded my -already high- expectations. The place is simply amazingly built, with fine details inside the rooms (the view from the bathroom tub is fantastic!!!) and the owner is providing a service that comes second to none.

Simply the best place I've been in Greece. I would give the money again without a second thought.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 6 June 2012

Trikala Korinthias is a beautiful place just an hour and a half distance from Athens. Hyades Resort feature some luxurious wooden Finland-style houses, fully equipped with fireplace, TV, Jacuzzi bath and king size bed. I cannon describe with words the feeling of having a hot bath in the jaccuzi the same time watching the snowfall and the all-white mountains. The owners of the Resort as very willing to help like providing extra wood for the fireplace, even fresh eggs for our morning breakfast.

If your schedule allows, just call them or book a room for the weekend or so.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple