US$48
  • Bar/Lounge
US$69
US$56
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

US$59
  • Breakfast included
US$54
US$52
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

US$76
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central(Horley)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Hotels.com
1,417 results
All reviewsmulti storeyunder coverthe busmeal dealpounds per personearly flightbunk bedswould stay againshort stayroom was clean and comfortablewhat it says on the tinwake up callshuttle serviceexcellent valuestayed for one nightnight's sleepgood nights sleep
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I just had a horrific experience at Airport Inn Gatwick.

After terrible customer service at check in, I found stains in the toilet of my room and on the side of the bed. Disgusting.

Staff members claimed that I must have left the stains (!!!) and that the room is ‘not that bad’. The 4 reception staff then went on to say I should not complain as it is ‘not 5 stars’. When I asked for a refund, the staff said that they can not do refunds and I need to email instead. I very much doubt I will receive one.

I throughly recommend you spend the same amount of money at the travel-lodge/holiday inn next door.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We spent a couple of hours there before taking our flight. Fine room with good beds and friendly staff at the front desk.

The Hotel is within walking distance - but difficult to find even with the help of Google. No footpath or sidewalk. There is an airport shuttle (3 pounds per person per way as far as i remember) but it didn't arrive at the sceduled time in the morning. Luckily, we had time to catch the next one - quite stressful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Since this lost best western status this hotel has gone down hill we booked a double room which had an extra bed in it this meant no place for suitcases room very cramped very warm and uncomfortable spoke to staff who basically said don't like it leave

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Had a quick trip to copenhagen. Flight out from gatwick was 6.55 in morning so the hotel was booked so that i could sleep and then get to my flight on time and so that i could leave my car nearby. Therefore wanted reasonably priced hotel with car park and shuttle to terminals. I emailed the hotel before my trip to ask the price of the parking as if it were too expensive the otger option would be to park at the terminal; no reply. On arrival to hotel the only competent member of staff ( manager i think) was busy so i was ignored by the other person at reception for a good 5 mins, bit embarrassing as she was standin about 2 feet from me and not making eye contact or speaking...when she did speak she managed to get my room sorted but couldnt answer any questions on any thing else....parking etc. I let her know my car was parked in their multi story and presumably she would need my reg? I was eventually charged 7 pounds which i though was v reasonable based on the car being there 2 nights. I did not get any questions answered abput shuttle services. Worked them out myself and went to bed. Shuttle fine its 3 pounds to either terminal. On arrival back the receptionists asked why i didnt have a card on my dash and told me i hadnt been charged enough and asked me why!!!!! I said that i had not been told anytjing and let her know that the other receptionist sitting next to her jad served me....she still didnt speak.....or confirm she had registered the conversation in anyway. Sigh!!!!! Clearly the staff do mot enjoy their jobs. Anyway i slept...my car seemed okay and after paying for additional paeking i was freed!! Its clean enpugh hotel...shuttle is good...i wont stay again though.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank 555gilbert2015
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The £12 round trip on the shoddy airport shuttle was clearly taking advantage of the captive market, but I was hoping the stay itself would make up for it. Oh how I was wrong..

The reception area looked fairly pleasant, although I was a bit bemused by the 'no sitting, decoration only' sign on the lobby couch. We had a lot of heavy bags with us which nobody offered to help carry. It wouldn't cost any extra for the people there to help us, but the staff members were apparently too busy to offer any assistance.

Within minutes of entering our dark, tatty room, my girlfriend was electrocuted by a light switch. A minute later, we plugged in our phone charger and it immediately 'popped'. Obviously this was not great, as it means we now need to purchase a new charger.

I went down to reception to let them know, but there was zero apology or attempt to make up for it. Instead, the guy on reception went fully defensive and tried to blame us for not using the correct voltage device. It absolutely WAS the correct voltage, and has been used in numerous other locations without fault. I thought the customer was always right, but clearly the staff here didn't get the memo.

At this point I decided it was time to contact Britannia Hotels via twitter, but unfortunately they insist on charging £7 per day to use the wifi. Yes, you read that correctly - £7 per day for wifi in 2018. I'm surprised they dont charge us for flushing the toilet. Clearly the guests at this hotel are not treated as valued customers, but instead viewed as a walking pound sign that inconveniently require service from the rude staff. Yes the room itself is cheap, but I have stayed in plenty of rooms in other locations for a comparable price that are much, much nicer.

I'm currently writing this review from the lobby area (which is the only place available with non exorbitant wifi fees), and there have been numerous complaints from other customers in the time I've spent writing this review.

I would suggest spending a little bit extra to go somewhere else - you'll end up paying the same anyway after all the fees.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jack C, Manager at Airport Inn Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear oo7im

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Airport Inn Gatwick.
I was sorry to hear you did't enjoy your stay with us. In order to deal with this properly i would like to ask you to provide me with some more details regarding your stay:

1 / Full name on the booking
2 / Date of stay
3 / Doom number

Please send private message to my profile mailbox

Looking forward to hear from you soon