“Ok place to use a base and to sleep over, however nothing fancy.”
Review of Lost Guest House

Lost Guest House
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The staff were friendly and it is in a good location in Stirling, however the lighting in the rooms was too dim, our wet towels were hung up again instead of getting new ones. Breakfast room is too small, resulting in having to wait to get a table, then wait quite long to get breakfast, no menu, so one is unsure what is on offer and the fact that they ran out of tea and we were offered camomile tea for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight here when I went to a birthday party in Stirling so the place was rested as a place to rest my head and that was it.
The room and bath were clean but everything is old, tired and cheap looking. Piles of sheets on the floors and chairs up and down the corridors.
Didn't use the TV and didn't eat breakfast because it didn't start til 8.30!
Would I stay again? Yes if there was no other option, as I say, just adequate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We arrived at 11 in night due to our flight timing from Germany, after ringing the bell, we were let in and told our keys were on the front desk. On entering our room we were not impressed by what we saw:
very little cupboard space, only 4 hangers for a double room
no closed draws
only one beside light
We were on the ground floor and had to keep the windows locked for security, there was no type of fanlight or partial open lock. There was no lace curtaining, so we had to keep the heavy curtains closed or be on open display to the car park.
There were no glass mugs in the bathroom
No shelving at all in the bathroom
there were 2 bath towels, only 1 hand towel and no bath mat.

The breakfast room was very basic and noisy, like eating in a workshop, we could not hear each other speak.

When we returned to our room the first day at 4.00Pm, the room had not been cleaned, I called the manager who couldn't explain why the room was not cleaned but offered to do it himself, while we waited in the entrance. The next day the same situation occurred, the manager was not available but a young girl on duty came to the room and she started to tell us that the bed could not be touched because my wife's nighty was lying on the pillow, but she could not explain why the waste bin had not been emptied or the coffee mugs not replaced by clean ones. I also noted that a bit of fluff remained on the carpet for 4 days, so obviously no vacuuming. On the whole, a very bad experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geoffantlett
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The staff at this guesthouse are absolutely fantastic! They were one of my family's first experiences in Scotland, and truly did the whole country proud. The gentleman at the desk was absolutely as friendly and helpful as could be in every way. The rooms were pleasant and clean, though worn. Breakfast in the morning was a real treat as well, though perhaps could have been better organized. Overall, enjoyed our stay greatly and would absolutely stay again. We could not get enough of Stirling!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We arrived at the guest house to be greeted by a very helpful and polite lady who booked us in, she was very efficient. We arrived in the room to find it to be very warm, but we thought maybe it was due to the outside temperature and left the window open. The room had a double bed, large window and a view of the car park, the bed was comfortable also. We went out for tea and had a fantastic evening in Stirling. When we came back I tried to shut the curtains to find a dead moth and a huge amount of dust fall onto my face, not put off I headed into the shower to clean up, I went to adjust the shower to find it broken, you could not change the height of the head and so had told hold it! Fantastic if you are under 3ft tall.

Not put off I dried off to find myself getting very warm, only to notice the heating was on! it was 26c outside that day and warmer in the room!

I headed back into the bedroom to turn on the lights to find them having blown bulbs. We called it an early night and went to bed.

The next morning the breakfast was fantastic, and we went about our day. The next day however we were half way through breakfast to find the bread covered in mold. 2 tables complained and this was quickly fixed.

We were running late and in a rush to leave was told to just leave the key on the counter. We arrived home to email booking.com and the guesthouse and ask for a refund, we were refused and told it's because we said nothing at the time. As well as that I was told that the room was clean and all of the lights were working and there was nothing wrong with the shower, I was smart enough to take pictures and they have not since replied!

Staff were good!
Room was beyond a joke!
Bathroom was old and out dated
Breakfast was fantastic, apart from the moldy bread!
Manager does not want to know!

Room Tip: Please ask for a clean room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple