St Brides Spa Hotel(Saundersfoot)
Priceline
Nythfa Guest House(Saundersfoot)
  • Breakfast included
Malin House(Saundersfoot)
Pinewood B&B(Wiseman's Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
Claremont House(Saundersfoot)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday lunchthe rear car parktwin bedded roomthree coursesone night stayrecommend this hotelfamily roomlovely hotelfull welsh breakfastlovely atmosphereshort breaksmall balconypleasant staybit datedbreakfast was excellentyorkshire puddingtwo nights
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed with a few friends this weekend and had a wonderful time at the Gower Horel. Booked afternoon tea and it was really nice with very nice sandwiches and home baked cakes that were really nice. Breakfast was excellent and rooms very clean and comfortable. Definitely book here again. Thank you Gower Hotel for a lovely stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
TheGowerHotel, receptionist at The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review and were glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again sometime. Alex

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I really, really wanted this place to be outstanding because a group of wonderful old female friends (former colleagues I’d got back in touch with thanks to Facebook) were coming to stay from all over and they’d booked the Gower. (The Tripadvisor listing includes the icon for pool and spa but I am not sure these faculties are available at this venue.)

Their rooms were ok and cheaper than the beach view spa hotel neighbours so perfect for a few solo travellers on a limited budget happy to share rooms (and beds). Those who opted for single room occupancy found it quite pricy.

We also booked a table for the group to have dinner together downstairs. We booked it all up months in advance and there was mention made of happy hour drinks deals and group dinner deals too so somewhere I could book for groups visiting me in the future perhaps?

We had been lured back from our 5 mile countryside afternoon ramble to the Gower bar by signs of ‘happy hour’ deals and I think we imagined ‘buy one get two’ cocktails.

It turned out the bar deal was 50p off pints of beer (not really what us ladies were after) so we ended up relocating to a nearby beachside bar with sea views, music and a bit of a party atmosphere.

The two Gower staff looking after things were kind and patient when our bar relocation exercise meant that we inevitably had stragglers wearing high heels returning quite late for our pre-booked dinner and they did their best to look after us. Our meals arrived promptly and everyone ate. Nothing special tho :-/

I had the bad luck of having a white chocolate pud that tasted sour. I know these things can happen, not a major big deal, and I mentioned it to the staff who were courteous and helpful.

The Gower felt like a traditional b&b establishment (rather than a hotel) with a quiet bar and dining room downstairs suitable for small groups of well-behaved adults like my group and perfect for accessing the coast path, beaches, the village and other pubs.

However, on our particular Friday summer night it lacked the lively atmosphere of the popular venues along the seafront.

Overall my group enjoyed their time in Saundersfoot it was such fun meeting up again for all of us but I felt they found their Gower experience a little underwhelming.

We will be looking to repeat our reunion next year. I would need convincing this place would exceed expectations tho and that’s the crucial thing really in the tourist trade.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I was very much looking forward to a one night stay in this hotel which has generally good reviews. A group of us were meeting up for a reunion. At £100 per night single occupancy, I expected a little more than the dated,tired bedroom with a broken headboard and a necessity for the curtains to be closed as it overlooked the path from the car park.That said it was clean.
We hurried downstairs to an empty bar to find the happy hour covered very little and decided instead to head off to a local pub which was busy and welcoming. We were having second thoughts about the large table we'd booked for dinner but didn't want to let the hotel down. Just as well there was nobody else eating there. The meal was OK but overpriced. Breakfast was great quality although service did not always come with a smile. A request for a call re a charger I had realised I'd left in my room just 2 hours after my departure didn't materialise- 3 days later I rang only to be greeted by "Karen" who clearly didn't want to bother as 'she was up to her eyes and had a bad back" She then asked me what I was suggesting when I repeated i'd left the property in the bedroom. Merely that it was there somewhere! I don't expect to hear from her somehow.
A visit from Alex Polizzi is overdue for a hotel that obviously had a lot going for it at one time

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
TheGowerHotel, receptionist at The Gower Hotel and Orangery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hello, thank you for your review and we will be looking into a few of those issues. I apologise your stay wasn't what you expected however I was working when checking all the lovely ladies out of the hotel and not one of them complained about anything apart from the happy hour prices and I would much prefer our guests to make the complaints at the time of check out so we can deal with the problem at the time. And the phone charger is currently on its way back to you, after a few hours of the phone conversation you had with Karen she had found the charger and we sent it the next day. My sincerest apologies the phone charger didn't get back to you sooner. Alex

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights Spring Bank Holiday
Good points
Food excellent evening meal and breakfast
Decor clean very nice carpets
Staff very caring especially the son and a gentleman on the desk
Excellent lift access
Position to Saundersfoot Beach excellent
£100 pound a day value for money considering it was A Bank Holiday
Poor disabled parking however excellent car park so near so not a problem
Down side filthy bedroom windows no attempt made to clean them
Tacky tables must be a varnish problem
Bedroom cleaning service minimalistic
Breakfast needs a cheerful and happy host place felt like a morgue
This is a 3* Hotel who try hard to make your stay successful but sadly fail on some counts. How ever we consider value for money.

Good points. Breakfast and dinner excellent
Decor clean and carpets lovely
Lift excellent
Staff especially the son and gentleman who served us for breakfast and on reception very caring
£100 per room on a Bank Holiday fair value for money
Position in Saundersfoot excellent
Bad points
Filthy bedroom windows no attempt to clean them
Dining room needs a cheerful host felt like a morge
Tacky tables think it’s a varnish problem
Bedroom cleaning minimalist

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and we will look at improveing on the bad points you have mentioned. Alex

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel is in a good position in the centre of Saundersfoot, close to the lovely beach and the harbour. The rooms are not luxurious but they are clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly. The restaurant serves decent meals at reasonable prices.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for a very kind review and we hope to make improvements in the rooms in the near future. Alex