“Tasty brunch”

Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Aberdovey
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We have a holiday property business in Aberdovey and tell all our guests to come here for either brunch or an evening meal
The food is always great quality, very tasty and good value for money
We will be back and our guests always write complimentary reviews in our guest book, so they will be too

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Challenged by young staff member Miss P when entering restaurant asking “what you after” followed by her ignoring us whilst she filled in a bloke about her dancing activities. Older lady served us then with courtesy whilst “Miss P put drinks down not asking who had ordered what. This was followed by listening to her moaning about having to work another two hours and others telling her to go home or go for a walk. Not wanting to spare anyone from her pain Ms P then slouched over the adjoining table half lying on it whilst operating her phone. At the end she tested our powers of memory asking what we had to eat before we could pay. Considering we were the only 2 in bldg this showed the level interest. Miss P its also illegal to give someone a bad job reference and I would be very careful about mouthing off Phil and his bad attitude in future in front of customers. Waste of £20.

Date of visit: October 2018
Phil T, Owner at Coast Deli & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hi there,

I'm not sure that I understand your review, although it concerns me greatly.
We have no 'Miss P' working at Coast.
I'd be grateful if you would call me on 07581 879151 so that I can get more details of your experience and the lady involved so that I can deal with it correctly.

Thanks

Phil

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for coffee ( had to walk pass twice before we got a table !!!)
Lovely warm place great for all food
All freshly cooked to order, Hubby had to have the pork pie which he said was the best he ever had !!! I had Welsh cakes which tasted homemade.
Lovely place to eat lovely location with fab views

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Called in on the 25/9, just on the off chance and had the last table.
The lady who served us was lovely, and soon we had ordered a mix of tapas and a fish curry, absolutely fantastic and generous portions with a lovely Shiraz to accompany. Only complaint was the sweet was too small! It was delicious and eaten too fast!
The atmosphere in a small venue can be awkward as there is not much space for privacy but somehow they had it sussed, luckily we didn’t need the toilet, but it’s only across the street, not much further than a lot of others places I’ve been too.
All in all a fab meal, I’ll make sure I book next time to avoid disappointment.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Deepest darkest Wales....we were expecting something based on Leaks and lamb and yet... what a fantastic surprise.

We have been all over the world and experienced some high end restaurants... Coast Aberdovey is as good as it gets, abidance, Service and all excellent quality... fantastic.

However why take our word for it, we live in the North of England where a carvery is a pork pie and a knife.

And I’m sure the keyboard warriors / snowflakes will have a field day at my lack of political correctness.... chill out its a joke but what isn’t a joke is the quality of Coast. Please visit, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018