See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of days for a family do. Love the location, not far from the train & bus station and the center of the town. The hosts Clem & Jacqui keep the B&B in tip top shape. Nice rooms and breakfast was a great selection of the traditional and more modern fair offered as well. Rates where good for what's on offer. Recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Darren H
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Bramble Lodge was an excellent place to stay with great facilities.
The location was very central to the town and the train station.
Breakfasts were freshly made with local produce by the Jackie and Clem, husband and wife team who were great hosts.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

We have just checked out of Bramble Lodge after a lovely weekend. We tried to book a guest house down the road but it was full and so we were recommended this place. It is a big old house with high ceilings only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Jacqui was really welcoming and lovely. Our twin room was great - warm and cosy with very comfy beds. There was a choice of firm or soft pillows and there was even a hot water bottle in the drawer. The en suite was small but had everything we needed, including a nice hot shower. Tea and coffee facilities and a TV are also in the room. We even got extra biscuits when we arrived. The breakfast was amazing here. There is loads of choice including fresh fruit, local yoghurt, homemade bread and jam to start, and then you can have a proper fried breakfast, poached eggs, omelettes etc. We didn't need any lunch after all of that. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily T
Reviewed 11 November 2015

My usual B&B did not have a free room so I was booked into Bramble Lodge for one night. A warm welcome followed by being shown to an excellent twin room with en suite and shower. The hospitality tray was well stocked and included biscuits which many B&Bs don't supply. Breakfast the next morning was served round one big table beautifully laid out. My orange juice was even served in a crystal wine glass. Besides the usual breakfast menu there was also a Breakfast Special on offer which on this occasion was an excellent brioche French toast with buttered mushrooms. Just be aware you may not be able to park outside but there is parking on the next road also a large car park behind that you can see from the rooms at the back.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2015

The B&B has it all - very pleasant rooms, really friendly staff and excellent breakfasts. It is very close to the main parts of town and the railway station, so in a very good location. I was in Bangor on business and only stayed one night but had a great stay. The road outside is fairly busy but this didn’t cause any noise issues. The B&B is nice and quiet and I had a great comfortable night rest. Only one minor compliant, the door to the en-suite is a little low for a tall lad like me, but is the only thing I can find wrong. I have to mention the breakfast though. The Ulster Fry is obviously available but all sorts of daily specials as well. On the day I was there it was crepes with cinnamon & blueberry butter with bacon & maple syrup I seem to remember. I was a coward and went with the fry which consisted of very good ingredients and was perfectly cooked. I will be using the B&B again when I’m next in Bangor.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business