“Lovely setting but some issues”

The Button Warehouse
Ranked #47 of 220 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Lovely place but I was disappointed with a couple of things. I felt that the staff could have engaged a bit more to make it a bit more friendly. Also the cost for two drinks and two small cakes was over £13 which I do consider expensive. The quality was good but I could not afford to just pop in for a quick break which is a shame as it’s a lovely setting.

Joe H, Owner at The Button Warehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hi Pauline, thanks for choosing to come to The Button Warehouse. I'm glad you liked the cafe and noticed the quality of ingredients we use! Sorry you didn't feel the staff were engaging though - I regularly hear that the staff here are always happy and welcoming, so it's a shame you felt this way on this occasion. As for the price, we use high quality organic ingredients which do come with a bigger price tag compared to other products out there. With natural, organic and fair trade ingredients being such a big part of the cafe's ethos though I do feel it's worth it. We sometimes have smaller biscuits or cakes available too. Hope you get a chance to call in again at some point - if there's anything else you'd like to discuss feel free to email me at info@thebuttonwarehouse.co.uk

All the best

Joe

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We found enough choice of dishes, lovely coleslaw and fresh salads..we enjoyed two meals, shared so we could taste both, which were interesting flavours. Food felt healthy and made with love. We shared a Tropical cashew cream dessert..and really good Matcha and Flat white with a choice of 5 types of vegan milk!!! Joe accommodated the cafe playlist to replay a track for me..love the Magnetic Zero's and he remembered my Mum who had been there only a couple of times before. Lovely customer service guys :) ...a great find. Worth making a day out in Macc for..prefect for Vegan, Vegetarian or anyone who loves healthy whole foods. They also have some items for sale..we took a can of delicious and difficult to find, Jackfruit home.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I am not vegan and was looking for somewhere to take my vegan family. This place was recommended by a friend and I have recommended to my friends.
Small but well thought out menu. I particularly enjoy the bruschetta and the brownie (oh the brownie!)
Service can be a little slow occasionally but it’s just the one guy in the kitchen and he’s always hard at work. Your patience will be rewarded.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I am vegetarian and sometimes lunchtime eating places can be a bit meat-based or standard. This is a lovely place for daytime relaxing and eating. The vegan food is so delicious I'm seriously thinking of going vegan myself. I come here with my daughter and her son and partner when I visit them in Macclesfield. They eat some meat but really enjoy the vegan fare here. My grandson who is just one loves the food and we know that's it's all great quality and safe for him. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, great vibe. Guilt free. We had the mushrooms on toast which were divine, menu is seasonal which is fabulous. Unexpected gem to find in Macc. Try the matcha latte with coconut milk, you'll thank me. Also, yummy cakes too.