“Fantastic vegan buffet”
Review of KANDY

KANDY
Ranked #10 of 222 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Price range: US$14 - US$39
Description: We are family run business and our philosophy is to serve a unique variety of Authentic Sri Lankan food cooked in traditional way by family chefs from Sri Lanka in a relaxing environment with outstanding customer service. KANDY is the first and only Sri Lankan restaurant in Macclesfield that offers a unique, cultural authentic Sri Lankan sinhales cuisines, With a winning combination of fabulous food, drink and service, The menu offers premium Meat and seafood dishes, plenty of signature curries,Traditional Unique offering (spice levels vary according to how you like it) Sri Lankan Food are tasty but not necessarily very hot! We offer amazing variety of vegetarian, vegan and Gluten free. Our dishes are superbly cooked with wonderful spices and combination of flavours that are a treat to taste buds yet light to digest. We are very Unique and Different From other Asian cuisine. We promise to Bring wonderful Healthy food from our Beautiful island to you here in Macclesfield.
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Great vegan buffet with delicious starters, mains and dessert and good value. Couldn't fault anything. Strongly recommend.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I'd never tried Sri Lankan food before, but knew it was becoming rather trendy
The food was excellent, beautifully presented and subtly spiced. The vegan platter and a portion of scallops made an interesting starter and the string hopper was something I'd never tried before
I'd strongly recommend trying the place

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Fabulous vegan buffet !! We started with appetizers , mains and even had room for dessert . Each dish was delicious !! Would definitely return

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed the portobello's buffet meal offer even with everything on offer being more tailored to vegetarians and vegans. Everything on offer was lovely and the pakoras were delicious. Well worth a visit and try the lion imported beer

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We'd been meaning to visit Portobello Macc for ages and finally made it and we're so pleased we did. Wonderful friendly, helpful staff, delicious wine and INCREDIBLE food! Everything was honestly perfect. The beetroot curry was amazing, the chicken curry was beyond tasty and the lentil curry was actually the best I've ever had. Even the rice was cooked to perfection! I kept having bites of different dishes and saying 'that's my favourite', then 'no THAT'S my favourite!'. My husband's food was also fantastic. We had to try a dessert, and loved the fluffy pancake stuffed with coconut. My husband hates desserts and sweet things but he liked this! I really can't wait to return and plan to eat my way through this fantastic menu. It was one of the nicest meals I have eaten in a very, very long time. Do not visit and fail to try the home made pickles that come with poppadums! They should think about bottling these and selling them. They should also think about putting on cookery lessons -- I would be the first to sign up! Last but not least, I have the feeling that the food is prepared and cooked with so much love - is that the extra ingredient that makes everything taste so amazing? I think it might be! GO NOW!

1  Thank Alisoniponi