“Lovely lunch and tea and scones ”
Review of Flora Tearoom

Flora Tearoom
Ranked #99 of 213 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on the way to a meeting. It was very busy but the service was lovely and efficient and we enjoyed our lunch. In fact we enjoyed it so much we stopped in the way back for tea and scones. Which were delicious, a lovely tea room.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Visited flora tea room with my family for lunch. We were greeted by a very pleasant young lady . And my dad asked if they did a ploughmans lunch sort of dish as he fancied it and he's in his 80s . The young lady said I think that should be possible and went to check and the cook came and said she would make him one . Which I though was going that extra mile for a customer. The food came and was delicious and we sat and chatted for a while and was not hurried along or anything on such a busy December day. I think the staff gave excellent customer service and would recommend it to anyone .

Angela C, Manager at Flora Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Thank you very kindly for your review it helps keep us going at such a very busy time thanks again

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Been to Flora a couple of times and adore the place! The food is stunning and there is a range available. The girls working there are lovely but one lady seemed a little bit abrupt.
Apart from that I would visit again and again. The prices are so reasonable!

Angela C, Manager at Flora Tearoom, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thankyou so much for the lovely comments it really is appreciated and makes our hard work worthwhile ..I'm sorry that somebody was abrupt with you I can't really think who it could be :))

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Dropped on this place with friends just wanting a drink but decided to eat when we sat down. The food was excellent however there was a smell of frying hanging about the place which you would expect in a road side café not a tea room, not withstanding that the chips were delicious. The staff were very attentive and could not fault the service. I would have rated this tea room excellent if the aroma in the tea room was more pleasant. A little refurbishment would help too.

Overall food very good, Service very good, Décor & smell improvement needed, therefore overall good as the décor/smell would not put me off going again in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I went to flora with my wife as she had been before and had enjoyed it.
I felt it was more of a roadside cafe and certainly not the tearoom I expected. Firstly there was an overarching smell of frying, which suggests a lack of reasonable ventilation.
The sandwiches were basic at best and the desserts although alleged to be homemade are far from it.
My wife spat out a chunk of plastic from her sponge which I immediately returned to the counter. The manageress?? apologised stating that she would speak to the supplier (so not home made then) & would not charge for my wife. However, having had a tea from the menu the reduction was approximately £1.50 from my £25 bill, I paid reluctantly as causing a scene can only be detrimental to other customers.
Do not be swayed that this is a quintessential English tea room!!