“Best B&B ever, even better than any hotel!”

and 1 more site!
Bedknobs Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 43 Bodmin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I stayed in the Yew room as part of a family trip to help me move into Bodmin and hunting for accommodation to settle in. The hosts, Gill and Kim were absolutely the best hosts you could ever ask for. I had no idea what to do or where to go around Cornwall, and they were very informative and gave really good advice during our stay.

As for Bedknobs itself, it certainly is the best and most inspiring B&B that brings out the best of Cornwall culture. From sustainable and environmental practices, to having ample indoor spaces (the bathroom is really spacious, and awesome shower too!), and last but not least, good Cornish breakfast served by the lovely couple in the grand dining room!

To sum it all, I wrote them a guestbook note: "Let me know when we can move in!"

Room Tip: Contact the hosts, they are very accommodating!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2017

My husband and I stayed overnight in this very charming and comfortable b & b.
We had a very warm welcome from the owners and were shown to our room (Beech) which was very spacious, spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. Our super king sized bed proved to be extremely comfortable and we loved the soft, light goose down duvet. The plentiful toiletries are all organic and many are made locally - a lovely touch.
Breakfast was delicious and served in the elegant dining room (the homemade marmalade is a real treat!). Great choice of dishes on the menu and a plentiful supply of toast and coffee.
Kim and Gilly, our hosts, couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating and we have no hesitation in recommending Bedknobs.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Just as it was last time we stayed in November (our first stay at Bedknobs) it was first class. We look forward very much to our next visit to this unequivocal pristine uncomplicated luxury. Every possible comfort is covered in this beautiful, tranquil hideaway. The Beeches is our little piece of heaven with its Super King Bed & Corner Air/Aqua bath to ease away those aches from a tedious journey. After dragging ourselves out of the luxuriously comfortable bed, Gill's Cornish Breakfast is simply the best with locally sourced organic produce! Books, DVD's, snacks & alcoholic & soft beverages all available for our enjoyment. Bedding which effortlessly wraps itself around you & locally sourced toiletries in the huge & relaxing En-Suite, I cannot wait for our next time at Bedknobs. Thank you Gill & Kim.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine R
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Well, when you book a place on line you feel worried about the place where you will be staying, but with Bedknobs all these are negligent.

We were made to feel very welcome by Gill and Kim after a rather worrying drive across Exmoor in the floods during the week, (it was a case of through one, and then find the next one). It was a long drive and so when we got to Bodmin it was dark and very wet, to say the least and were unable to find Bedknobs at first due to the roadworks in Bodmin, but one phone call to Kim and Gill and they sorted us out as to how to get to them, with Kim standing at the end of their drive in darkness under a brolley in the rain waiting for us! Thank you Kim.

Gill and Kim couldn't have made us feel anymore at home we were like two waifs and strays desperate for food and drink, sandwiches were made and cups of tea in the room sorted. The room we stayed in Beeches, had a lovely corner bath and so this was also utilised to its full advantage.

We honestly could not have wished for a better bed and breakfast, bed was lovely and comfy and the breakfasts were yummy. The only downside, was eating too much. And with taking your slippers as the carpets are a lovely creamy coloured felt very much at home!

My hubby and I would defintely recommend revisiting Bedknobs anytime soon and unusually we would come back to Bedknobs, which we don't normally do.

Thank you Gill and Kim for opening your lovely house up to us.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlb87
Reviewed 28 November 2016

This is quite simply a stunning place to stay and I can only agree with all of the other reviewers who have praised this B&B so highly. The house is period with the most beautiful features and I love that the rooms have been kept large and spacious. The furnishings are top quality and Gill and Kim's hosting skills are quite simply second-to-none. My sister and I stayed in the Honeypot, which is a lovely large flat with its own entrance, and we were made to feel very welcome. The flat is fresh and clean, very well equipped and we could easily self-cater. Tea bags, coffee and wonderful fresh cornish milk was awaiting us on our arrival which, after a 7 hour train journey, was much appreciated. The rooms in the main house are really beautiful and the photos don't do the house enough justice. They are all individually fitted and Beech was my favourite. The flat is very good value for money but I think I might stay in Beech next time (however, I know I shall have to book early!)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious with quality fittings but Beech is the largest and has beautiful views...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family