“Chewy bacon”

Carlos O'Bryans Neighborhood Pub
Ranked #73 of 98 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 February 2017

The food is usually good. I avoid dishes with bacon which is most of them because they don't cook it well enough. A little pricey for the value. Pachos are nothing to write home about. The appy deal is good tho.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

As with many restaurants, their staff will make or break them. The staff was the saving grace today.
We were warmly greeted upon arrival. Our server was fast and friendly. Quick with drink refills and good with small talk.
The Irish onion soup was tasty and a decent portion size.
My only complaint is the chicken wings tasted like fish. Not just a mild flavour. It was overwhelming. I am assuming both fish and wings are deep fried in the same oil. It was a turn off.
We will still come back to try other menu items.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

My husband and I went here our first night in Kelowna because, as some have noted, it was across the parking lot from our hotel. It was quite busy, looked and sounded like a lot of regulars frequent here. Unfortunately it took forever for our food to arrive and when it did it was very ordinary.

I had the beef dip and my husband had fish and chips. Standards that you should be able to rely on.

The one good thing - our waitress was terrific. I actually asked her if she was new on the job as she had such a great attitude. Turns out she's been there three years already! Kudos.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I rarely give a poor review, unfortunately I have to for this restaurant. After a long day of traveling we chose this restaurant because it was just across the parking lot from our hotel. Upon arrival we had thought we had made a good choice, we were pleasantly greeted by the hostess and shown to our table. We had our order taken quickly and received our salad quickly. We than proceeded to watch other customers that had come in after us place and receive their orders and leave with our food nowhere in sight. Our waitress assured us she had checked on our food and it would be out shortly. When my husband questioned her again 30 min later she told us she didn't work in the kitchen and their order times were 35 min and she became upset and stormed off. Not long after that our food was brought out, the corn was cold and the rest of the meal was just warm. The manager was nice enough to discount our meal and not charge us for our drinks. Unfortunately, it will not entice us to return.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

When we arrived it was very busy, the service was great, had drinks in our hands in 5 min. Wait for food was a reasonable 20. I will definately eat here again. All the plates coming out of the kitchen looked awesome, and the kitchen was sending food out like it was on fire . Extra bonus? Wait staff are in tartan kilts.. Even the guys! Did I mention staff were excellent, great teamwork