See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Plenty of parking. It's a renovated hunting lodge. It had fallen into disrepair and was taken over and lovingly restored as a hotel. It certainly has the wow factor. Efficient check-in. Our room was on the 3rd floor. There was lift, so we had to hump our cases up 3 floors - a good workout. It was a smallish and basic room. No tv. Clean and tidy, but it felt empty. Comfy bed. Nice bathroom. We had the buffet dinner €18pp - it was ok, but the restaurant lacked any atmosphere. After dinner we sat our in the courtyard and had a schnapps and a cigar. It's a beautiful building, but it felt average as a hotel. Service was always fine.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
NicoleSilbermann, Manager at Naturhotel Schloss Kassegg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Mrs. NeilandBarbara,

thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy that you had a nice stay in our hotel. We hope we can welcome you soon in our castle and sending you kind regards from the Schloss Kassegg

Nicoel & Ronny Silbermann
with the schloss kassegg team

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Altough we were not too lucky with the weather (it was chilly max. 15 and we saw much more rain than sunshine) Hotel Schloss Kassegg is a good place to serve as a centre for your excursions in the nearby mountains or just to relax.
You will enjoy the great park and the amazing look of the castle itself. There is a sauna, which was a really unforgettable place, too. :)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Mr. greganorsi,

Nicole & Ronny Silbermann
with the schloss kassegg team

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Nice people, good amenities, good location, great room.
A quaint place to stay in a national park, centrally located for all sorts of outdoor activities, but you will need a car.
Prices were good for dinner as well.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2015

I was on a business trip, but I guess with the same expectation than most travelers. I took a single room which was is OK. The issue was, that the WiFi SLOW and not always available in room. I had to move to the lobby to work.

Restaurant was good, I asked for dinner, which is not "a la card", but pre-fixed (16 Euros). Staff was great!

Area is really beautiful, I wish I was there with family. :)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Stayed three nights and enjoyed my stay immensely. The staff greets me warmly upon arrival, personal greeting cards are waiting at your room and breakfast table upon arrival. My only complaint: my single room is a bit small. It barely fits a single bed, desk and cupboard. The noise from the pipes is a bitz too loud for me. When a guest is using the faucet or taking a shower, it kept me up late at night. Breakfast buffet, excellent. Home-made jams and local muesli are available.

Room Tip: Single rooms lack comfort but spacious double rooms are ok
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo