“Average food”

Patatas a Cielo Abierto
Ranked #6 of 154 Restaurants in Envigado
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: We combine the natural with what you like. A unique and delicious proposal for the city where potatoes are our main ingredient combined with the best flavors in the world.
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This place only serves potatoes in different forms with different toppings. I thought the food was a little bit on the greasy side and slightly expensive for what you get.

PatatasACieloAbierto, Gerente at Patatas a Cielo Abierto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks for your opinion, the specialty is potato chips and potato puree with delicious flavors of the world

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Found this place on the top floor of the La Strada food hall. The food is so delicious! You get to pick your meal choice first, we went for a pad thai and a vegetarian Indian curry style, then you select your type of potato (chips, wedges, spiral etc. Salad is also an option).
It comes out in a bowl/basket. Both of us agreed that the food was incredibly tasty. Different also and works very well. Would love to return to this restaurant, wish we had found it earlier in our stay in Medellin.
Staff lovely also and restaurant has a lovely atmosphere.
The total cost for the two meals and a bottle of beer and a glass of white wine was €17.
Lovely lovely food! A great find!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

After having had to work late again while in Medellin, and then run to the store after work as well, I didn't have a lot of time for dinner. I needed to get something to eat quickly, and I found this restaurant in the mini-mall adjoining my hotel which seemed to be centered around... potatoes.

So the deal is, your dish comes in a skillet bowl and you order based around one of many Latin or South American country flavor profiles they've constructed. I had the Mexicana, which had thin sliced beef, cheese, guacamole, tomatoes, beans, salsa and more. But the whole point of the restaurant seems to be that whatever you order, it's on top of some type of potato, whether it's french fries (which I had), rustico (thick cut), curly q, etc. They had six different kinds. I'm not sure I get why, because the whole bowl would have tasted good without them, but the fries worked with it as well so no worries.

In the meantime, not a great night to be out trying to get something to eat in Colombia, as the Colombian national soccer team was playing Costa Rica during dinner and every place I went by was packed if the restaurant had a TV, which was pretty much every restaurant.

I of course did not care, however all the waiters and waitresses did, which meant good luck trying to get something ordered. But in this case I decided the best course of action was to set myself as near to the kitchen as possible, and that actually worked out pretty well. Every time the servers came out to go look at the TV they had to pass by my table, so I was able to get my order after about half-an-hour (this is Colombia after all), and then they checked on me every so often.

There were many "Oooohs" and "Aaaaahs" throughout the evening and it was an amusing spectacle in and of itself to watch the crowd as they watched the giant TV. There was a nervous energy from them throughout the night as their foe, Costa Rica, led the whole game, but they came alive as Columbia came back and scored a couple of goals. It looked like the crowd might go insane towards the very end as Colombia was about to score again when time ran out. You could feel the air go out of the room as that happened, and I took that as my cue to quickly pay my check before a bunch of angry Colombians started storming the hostess table. I got out of there just in time. ;)

It's been attributed to Mark Twain that "Golf is a good walk spolied", but I'm pretty sure he would have said that about soccer instead had he ever seen it played. :) Or at least, he would have recognized that if a sport that's worshiped so much in one country is being broadcast at dinner time, don't expect to try and get your food at a restaurant in any sort of timely manner while it's on TV. Patatas was good enough for a quick bite, so if you're in the mood for some sort of weird potato bowl, go.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We went expecting great fries because it's a place focused on fries. All of us ordered different types of fries, the curly and the French fries are exactly the same, and they were not good. The place is nice in a second floor in envigado, besides that the fries need a lot of improvements to be a place to go back

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

New concept, good ambient and music, several options, very good taste!!, and friendly staff. Affordable and fares prices. Totally recommended if you love the potatoes.