“Worth a visit”

Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Super little cafe perfectly located in the heritage village of Eyam in the Peak District. We bake gorgeous cakes and cook tasty savouries 7 days a week for you to enjoy, using fantastic local produce. Our coffee is Fairtrade, organic and rainforest certified but above all is expertly made and tastes great, and we do our bit to maintain the superb environment we are in by recycling and encouraging less packaging for our take-aways.So pop in before or after your walk, or if you're really organised phone ahead & order a posh picnic, crammed with goodies to enjoy on your walk. We'll happily fill your flask with our gorgeous soup on colder days.Free wi-fi is available, there are treats for your four-legged friends, so join us at VG for a warm welcome and a spot of heritage on the Eyam trail. Finalist in the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards Tea Room of the Year 2012, Cafe of the Year 2013. Awarded Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2013 Free Wifi
Reviewed 21 March 2017

There's two good cafes opposite each other in The Square in Eyam. This time we chose the Village Green. You can get a full range of meals from breakfasts, sandwiches and cooked lunches, and of course cakes and drinks.
We went for the squash & pumpkin quiche with salad from the specials. It came well-presented, fairly quickly with a smile and was delicious. Prices aren't the cheapest - but that is reflected in the quality of the food.
Definitely a place to go back to. Recommended

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast here this morning - lovely little cafe, really polite staff, very tasty food, delicious fresh coffee & the cake selection looked incredible!

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Fab lunch very helpful staff answered allergy questions without any fuss and with a smile on their face. Plenty of food, good quality, well prepared. Offered to refill my tea with hot water without being asked, which was great. I would come back.

1  Thank DWS2913
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

On a foggy, damp January day the village Green was like a warm, welcoming oasis. Had planned a walk around the village to look as historic plague sites before meeting my husband and dog for lunch. The weather closed in and I decided a hot drink was needed more than a cold walk. I had looked the Village Green up on Trip Advisor before setting off and it was mentioned as being both dog friendly and gluten free. I checked this on entering and yes it was still the case. As I had an hour plus to wait I ordered a drink and was prepared to move on and return later if I felt uncomfortable waiting that long around lunchtime. I needn't have worried, although the place was busy everyone, staff and customers were so friendly there was no feeling of being rushed or hassled to order food. Wifi was available and people had even settled in with laptops.
The food as it was served looked delicious and the menu was great. We( when my husband arrived) had spiced sweet potato and coconut soup with toasted gluten free bread and it was absolutely fabulous.
Will definitely be going back there next time I visit Eyam, hopefully on a day when I can have a walk around the village first!

1  Thank Billywiz9
Reviewed 5 December 2016

For some reason I'd never seen this place before despite being relatively local and spending loads of time in the area over the years. Really nice food, good range, nice drinks and cakes not your run-of-the-mill cafe. Nice little warm stop for a winters day in the Peak. Will be back soon!