Review Highlights
SEGWAY in Grabouw, Western Cape, South Africa

Thanks Brian and Team for the most memorable Segway Experience our family has EVER had. The 360... read more

Reviewed 14 December 2012
DavidSwindon69
Somerset West, South Africa
A fun adventure not to be missed!

My friend Jana surprised me with a Segway Tour when I was in the area working. It was the best... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2011
5683michelle
Somerset West, South Africa

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I recently had the privilege of starting my week against the pristine mountain backdrop of the Elgin Valley. As if that wasn't enough to realize the potential of the day, I was given the opportunity to explore this beautiful part of the Western Cape using an off-road Segway.
If, like me (well up until yesterday), you're not sure what a Segway is, think back to your last shopping mall trip, where you may have seen a security guard or two gliding around on rather strange-looking two-wheeled 'scooters'.
Very popular in shopping malls as a quick, energy efficient way to get around, Segway, world leaders in two-wheeled electric mobility, have taken their concept outdoors. The off-road version of the original Segway is optimized for outdoor use and is a completely novel, slightly adventurous way to enjoy a hike.
It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of one of these clean, green, eco-friendly machines, thanks to Craig Marshall from Eco-Discovery, which offers guided electric off-road adventures at selected locations in the Western Cape.
After only one minor mishap with my colleague - we still don't know how those wheels connected - we were off with Brian Pickering from Nature Discovery to see some of this beautiful area of Grabouw, which straddles the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
I could tell you more, but that might be spoiling it. Suffice to say I had an absolute blast and would definitely recommend it. Have a go - for just R80 you can book a demo ride with Eco-Discovery in July and August.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Four of went on a Segway tour in Elgin on a beautiful Cape winters day - more than riding a Segway in a beautiful enviroment - we learnt all about this 'Robot' called the Segway, it is really a fascinating machine with technology and off road capabilities. With Craig's excellent overview of the Segway we were off on a memorabe journey - going up hills without any effort. We stopped off at a river for lunch and were served quality fresh sandwiches.
The trip the Segway was a really wonderful first time experience - and we had wonderful scenary to enjoy
Joek Jill Finn and Anne