“A fun adventure not to be missed!”
Review of ECO-Discovery

ECO-Discovery
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Grabouw
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Guided SEGWAY® Adventure Tours and Corporate Activities - experience the wonders of Technology in Nature. A totally unique and exciting fun filled adventure awaits you, your family and friends, the newly designed SEGWAY® x2 Off-Road, can go almost anywhere ! - in the forests, up the mountain trail, through the mud and across the soft sand - effortlessly !
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My friend Jana surprised me with a Segway Tour when I was in the area working. It was the best surprise and one I will never forget. We had so much fun on the Segways. The venue is great, picturesque and safe. Lovely place to enjoy nature at its best, have a picnic and just enjoy the view.

I enjoyed the few minutes training with our Instructor, Craig, who is a professional with a great sense of humor. Word of advise: LISTEN to your Instructor! I did not listen and had a little fall, no injuries, except my ego. I highly recommend using Craig for all your tours, he has the patience of a saint!

Our tour was 2 hours but they do have shorter tours available.

I suggest you wear flat shoes, comfortable clothing and perhaps take a windbreaker with if it is a cool day. Don't forget your camera!

Segway is for everyone! The venue is ideal for romantic outings, a picnic in the forest, family fun adventures - it is easy enough for a child to ride.

Thank you Craig and Jana for a magnificent day! I will be using Segway Tours in my business as it is excellent for team building and I will definately be spoiling my clients with some fun and adventure!

Reviewed 7 November 2011

My friend Michelle and I enjoyed our tour so much. Michelle was working in Grabouw on the day and I wanted to surprise her with a Segway tour knowing that she was in the area. So I phoned Craig to book. He was so professional. He trained us and then we were off on our 2 hour tour. We went threw a beautiful forest, "watch out for those tree stumps". What a laugh we had. Went up to the lookout point and you could see such beauty, the lake over the forest. We then went down to the picnic spot also so beautiful, could have been romantic if I was with my husband. We had so much fun and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I just must share my absolutely great Segway Tour in the Elgin Valley. We arrived unsure really what to expect, I personally had no idea what the off-road Segway was capable of doing - or for that matter how I would stay on!! Brian our guide for our magical tour through the forest soon put us through some training & within no time we had mastered the controls. The pure joy of gliding up the hills so effortlessly was fantastic & to top it all the stunning vistas. I can't wait to go back for another trip! Well worth getting out of Cape Town for :0).

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was fortunate enough to do an Off-road Segway tour with Nature Discoveries. After a quick training session and getting use to driving the Segway (which is very easy) we went up the mountain to a lookout point over-looking the Elgin Valley and Eikenhof Dam. What a sight and magical way to experience the beautiful Kogelberg Biosphere! We ended the tour with a trip on a single track through the Grabouw forest - what an experience to be so in tune with your surroundings... Will do this again any time and recommended it to all my friends and family!

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I recently had the privilege of starting my week against the pristine mountain backdrop of the Elgin Valley. As if that wasn't enough to realize the potential of the day, I was given the opportunity to explore this beautiful part of the Western Cape using an off-road Segway.
If, like me (well up until yesterday), you're not sure what a Segway is, think back to your last shopping mall trip, where you may have seen a security guard or two gliding around on rather strange-looking two-wheeled 'scooters'.
Very popular in shopping malls as a quick, energy efficient way to get around, Segway, world leaders in two-wheeled electric mobility, have taken their concept outdoors. The off-road version of the original Segway is optimized for outdoor use and is a completely novel, slightly adventurous way to enjoy a hike.
It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of one of these clean, green, eco-friendly machines, thanks to Craig Marshall from Eco-Discovery, which offers guided electric off-road adventures at selected locations in the Western Cape.
After only one minor mishap with my colleague - we still don't know how those wheels connected - we were off with Brian Pickering from Nature Discovery to see some of this beautiful area of Grabouw, which straddles the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
I could tell you more, but that might be spoiling it. Suffice to say I had an absolute blast and would definitely recommend it. Have a go - for just R80 you can book a demo ride with Eco-Discovery in July and August.