“The best bar/restaurant in this part of Spain”
Review of Bar Quini

Bar Quini
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Yunquera
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2015

If I had to choose just one place to eat and drink when I am in Southern Spain this would be my choice. I have visited several times. The food is superb and the service so friendly.
It is a very simple family run bar/restaurant, nothing fancy but you don't need it. The roast lamb [and other meats] on a Sunday are delicious. The prices very, very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

This was a first, never tried Yunquera before and decided to eat at Bar Quini. The food was very good and the house Rioja excellent value at 8 Euros, had considerably worse at more than double. The hospitality offered by Rafael was excellent. All in all a lovely venue with good food and a very warm welcome!

Reviewed 24 July 2015

My review is on the basis of a regular/local ( I hope that counts!). I really don't know why I have not reviewed BQ before in the 10 years that we have lived here, it's almost like home from home, My wife and I and friends meet here regularly for breakfast ,try the plata of eggs, bacon and tomato, fresh orange juice, and excellent coffee. Almost as frequently we have their excellent MDD and every now and then we enjoy an dinner of steak or fish for my wife. BQ is mostly family run, with Rafa senior wearing the trousers, and his lovely wife Maria Carmen telling him which ones to wear!! One son, Jose Maria, is ever present, and like all the staff, wears an ever present smile. If you want the smile to spread mention football, in particular Barca! If not served by any of these, you will be waited on by the efficient Lollie. Sit on the terrace and watch the world of horses, mules, donkeys, goats, cyclists, bikers and man/womankind go past, whilst enjoying a cool glass of beer. You won't regret it.

5  Thank TerryO O
Reviewed 10 March 2015

We have had the pleasure of visiting Yunquera for the last few years. We love the walking, the beautiful scenery but most of all the most fabulous welcome we get every time we visit Bar Quini. These people couldn't be more friendly, the food is absolutely stunning and I challenge you not to be impressed.

Great for a quick cruzcampo after a long hike up Mount Torrecilla you must take the time to have a meal there, In particular the whole leg of lamb on a Sunday is a must but do make sure you order a day or two in advance to avoid disappointment. Let the owner choose a good Rioja to go with it, later a lovely desert and a glass of muscatel and watch the world go by...and it does on Sundays...goats, motorbikes and smartly dressed locals.

Reviewed 1 November 2014 via mobile

This bar is excellent value for both tapas and menu del dia. Friendly family atmosphere. Handily placed for the village of Yunquera, good to explore then return to the bar for refreshment.
Parking can be difficult but side street behind the bar often has space available.