“Great find!”

Red Poppys Cafe
Ranked #14 of 27 Restaurants in Bassendean
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 25 November 2016

I went with 2 others for dinner not sure what to expect. The service was excellent - they let me have a sip of a couple of the wines before I chose. The food was really good and fresh - I had the Barramundi and my friend had the prawn & avocado salad which she said was delicious (that's what I am having next time!) The owner/chef came out and spoke to us at the end of dinner which was a nice touch. Very reasonably priced. Will visit again.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Interesting and authentic Indonesian lamb curry, not spicy hot but very tasty. Others had grilled fish, fish basket, chicken and hamburgers and all thought the meal of a high standard and very enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

This cafe needs to go it does not fit with the vision that Bassendean has on offer. It never has diners, the coffee aweful and the service, what service!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Just moved into the area and love to support local businesses - 3 diners, 3 very different meals, all 3 meals where substandard ! 1st meal, egg & bacon on toast (can't go wrong there ??). My fried eggs came over cooked with solid yokes, you should only get solid yokes on request, not good. Bacon poor quality and very greasy, Toast, (surely he couldn't mess up toast ??) He did, it wasn't toast it was a slice of cheap limp white sliced bread that had been waved above a toaster for 10 seconds, It was NOT toasted !! 2nd meal - Chicken satay , I'm not sure which part of the chicken the "meat" was from but it was tough, over cooked and a very odd colour. The satay sauce was a dry, sticky, congealed mess. ermm the rice was OK . 3rd meal Grilled chicken Foccacia, limp, damp "Foccacia" ,again the chicken was of extremely poor quality. And it wasn't cheap ! He wasn't busy so that wasn't the issue. We really wanted to find a great little local café, but this isn't it. Sorry, I'm just being honest about our experience and we are really not that fussy but had to speak up about the quality of the food.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Had the worst breakfast there today just simple poached eggs and avocado, was disgusting I've had an eggy taste in mouth all day nausea just staring and salmonella will be soon, should have known better as soon as I tasted the eggs, I breakfast everyday and usually go to Holly raes in this area but her cafe was packed full so decided to try red poppys do yourself a favor DONT GO THERE its absolutely rank