“Birthday treat for mother in law”

The Restaurant at Highfield Garden World
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Our restaurant is a lovely place to stop for a snack, or a full meal if you need a rest from shopping, or just a break from cooking. With a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere and far reaching views over the surrounding lake and countryside, its a great place for meeting friends and family. If you are travelling on the M5, we are a short distance from the junction 13 - very handy for a break when driving. We serve a wide range of refreshments throughout the day. Breakfast is served from 9.00Am to 11.00Am (9.30Am on Sundays) and could be a full breakfast, or just a freshly made bacon sandwich. Between 12pm and 2.30Pm we serve delicious home cooked food, utilising where possible local produce. There is also a salad bar if you fancy something a bit lighter including soups, jacket potatoes, sandwiches or baguettes and salads. Take advantage of 2 meals for £10 on our main courses every Monday! (Excludes Bank holidays) Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays are roast Carvery days, with crispy roast potatoes, and all the trimmings. This is such a popular day for many of our regular visitors and newcomers alike.
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Took my mother in law for lunch and I was really happy with the service, presentation, taste and amount of food we had. We had jacket potato, two fillings and salad....was very enjoyable....going for afternoon tea next time.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Always come here with my mum. It's always so busy but also a seat somewhere ! Lots of food to choose from and not that IV tried them but great looking cakes! In the summer you can sit outside in the sun and it's lush. Always come here ! If your in the area I would deffo recoment going of lunch/a coffee

Reviewed 12 April 2018

My wife and I have visited this café on several occasions and always found the food to be of very good quality at a reasonable price. The staff are friendly and helpful, if occasionally slow, particularly when dealing with drinks, which could be better organised. It has a large seating area and has a pleasant outlook. It is always very busy, unsurprisingly, and we have found some of the customers unfortunately cannot cope with this and react with impatience and bad manners which lessens the otherwise enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I USED TO RAVE OVER A LUNCH AT THIS CAFE BUT ALAS NO LONGER.

Thought I would treat myself to a nice roast so headed off down to Gloucester. I arrived and I expected it to be busy as easter school holidays.

1) got to the restaurant and spotted the roast counter and headed straight for it. Was then asked by a rather loud and rude man if I was in the queue which I had not seen. The alleged queue of about 2 people was hidden by a pillar and the "lady" controlling it was to busy chatting to the people at the front. I later discovered some signs on the way in but these are very high up and look more to be an advertisement of products rather than directional indicators to queue. I was not the only person caught out if fact there were quite a few and we were all treated the same like naughty school children in a school canteen which this cafe does resemble.

2) whilst the quality of the food is still excellent they have started to cut the roast rather thin. There used to be good thick chunks available and because of the quality I would be willing to pay a little extra for this a lot of similar outlets give you the option of two sizes of meal. I wondered why the horse radish sauce dish was still full and I quickly found out. I like mine hot but obviously the chef had not tasted for it to be this stong !

3) There was no sign of a manager on the floor at any time whilst I was there. Whilst I was offered a manager to come down did not see the point as obviously this person does not have finger on the pulse

4) beware if you have children as on the Newer car park there is Razor Wire entwined in a low hedge adjacent to the road. An entrance from this area of the car park directly to main hub of the building would also make sense

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I have been to this place several times before, but never during school holidays. Different experience altogether! The restaurant was really busy, and the system didn't really work with so many people. The food is served on one side of the restaurant, where there was a long queue, then you have to go the other side and queue again for drinks! By the time we got our 'hot' food to our table, it was cold! On the plus side, there was a very helpful waiter who could see we were struggling (my daughter is on a mobility scooter) and he took our tray to a table for us.normally this is a lovely place but wouldn't recommend it in school holidays!