Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
View deal
Hotels.com
US$87
View deal
Expedia.comUS$97
PricelineUS$87
eDreamsUS$87
All reviews overlooking the harbour fish pie spa bath fantastic location window seat single room st austell brewery the pub great room eden project rashleigh arms one night stay no lift lovely food family room well worth a visit short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2021 via mobile

The accommodation was excellent. Very comfortable bed, quality bedding and a great on suite shower room. It was spotlessly clean which in these present times made me feel very safe. Hand gel available at the entrance with tables spaced far enough apart. The quality of the food was also excellent with a nice variety. The staff were really friendly and efficient. The ales on offer were very well presented as well as a small but quality selections of malts. Cannot praise it enough and I hope that before too long I get to stay again.

Room tip: It’s a popular pub so be sure to book if you intend to eat in. It’s a lovely location. No idea about parking as I came by train.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rob brewer, General Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2021

thank you for your review of Pier House Hotel, Charlestown, . All feedback is greatly appreciated, and we love to hear that guests have enjoyed their visit. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2021

This was a much anticipated 8th return visit to the Pier. Arriving late on the first Sunday after the hour change I was quite disappointed to discover the hotel closed [temporarily] due to a power supply outage and risk to visitors. Arrangements had been made to re-locate me in the Rashleigh Arms the other St.Austell hostelry located some 100yds or so back up the road in Charlestown. Apart from the nuisance factor I didn't think I had a problem having stayed there some years ago on my first visit down there. However I found that I was not in the main hotel but some way back down the hill in their overflow unit - Ty Gallants and up 2 plus flights of stairs in a room on the top floor. The room itself was a decent size but there was no flat surface anywhere to put my own personal belongings on, the hospitality tray meagre; just teabags, no water, no biscuits and the en-suite a converted broom cupboard 8ft x 2ft. Wow, what a let down !! After the anticipation of a return to my favourite room [16] and all it had to offer this was a total turnoff. Then next morning to compound the disappointment I had to walk out, in the rain, to the main hotel to get my breakfast !! Fortunately I soon discovered that I was able to return to the Pier so a repack of suitcase, and a quick return of sanity to my favourite hotel with everything hoped for in place once again.

Room tip: The single rooms do not have sea views but most of the doubles do.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank El-Cid40
Rob brewer, General Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2021

Reviewed 10 November 2021

We booked a last minute stay here on Saturday evening after visiting my MIL in hospital in St Austell, this was our 2nd visit, the 1st being back in 2016...before the renovation.

So glad we chose the Pier House again. Booked a table in the restaurant, I think the section we ate in was called The Snug, two other couples were in there and we ended up having such a laugh with them. Our server was fabulous, fantastic at her job and funny, every staff member was personable and professional, a credit to the hotel,

The food was beautiful, I can't rave enough about it enough, myself and my husband are self confessed foodies and can sometimes be disappointed when we eat out, no disappointment whatsoever here, In case anyone is interested we had crab tart and pork belly to start, then mussels and a steak for main...tremendous.

Just to add both of us have slight bad backs and are usually broken by hotel beds, we both slept like babies... what a super comfy bed.

Charlstown itself is a great place to explore anytime of the year.

100% recommended.

Room tip: Try to book a sea or harbour view.
Date of stay: November 2021
Rob brewer, General Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2021

thank you for your review of Pier House Hotel, Charlestown, .
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2021

We stayed 1/11/21 for 2 nights the room was large good quality they gave us a key for the room next door to use the shower as our room only had a bath but the bath huge lovely to soak in
Very good quality breakfast and dinner
Very helpful and friendly staff in all areas
Good quality tea tray

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

thank you for your review of Pier House Hotel, Charlestown, .
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

Poor limited lunch menu - all small portions no larger available. Chicken pie not good - dry meat and pastry hard. Much better pre lockdown- will not be returning.
Took family for treat and embarrassed by experience. May be better dinner menu.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Rob brewer, General Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2021

Hi Sheila L, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Pier House Hotel, Charlestown, accommodation.

We strive to ensure our guests have the best experience possible when visiting us, and we’re disappointed not to have met your expectations.

We have taken your feedback onboard and endeavour to guarantee that when you hopefully visit us again, we deliver the best experience possible.