“Sicily logistics solved”

Sicily Travelnet Private Tours
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Agrigento
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The logistics of visiting Sicily aren't easy. The main destinations are worth 2-3 days each; they are spread around the island; and driving on the narrow streets of the cities is not for the faint of heart. Michele Gallo solved the problems for us.
We started our travels in Palermo and ended in Taormina--two cities in which guides aren't necessary. In between, he arranged drivers to take us to Agrigento, to Ragusa, to wineries north of Ragusa, to Siracusa and then to Taormina. He arranged guides where we needed them: he guided us in Agrigento, and Italo Giordano, a knowledgeable archaeologist/guide, showed us Siracusa. Everybody we dealt with was punctual and professional, making for a great trip.

1  Thank AndyWashingtonDC

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We travelled to Sicily for almost a week and had some very specific things we wanted to see (including some research into my husband's ancestors from Sicily), but weren't sure about what else we should do.

Michele was prompt about answering emails and helped me design a trip of a lifetime. He arranged transportation on both the east coast and west coast, and the drivers were consistently on time, courteous, and professional, and drove our family of four in very comfortable Mercedes vans. We visited Mt. Etna, Taormina, and Siracusa, then transferred to Agrigento, where Michele was our guide for a visit to the fascinating Valley of the Temples. Michele even arranged for a Sicilian cooking lesson at a beautiful location -- something we enjoyed immensely.

But the highlight of our trip was visiting Sciacca, the hometown of some of my husband's ancestors. Given some limited information prior to our arrival in Sicily, Michele was able to help us do some sleuthing, including a trip to the Town Hall and the local churches, which resulted in a "new" discovery about my husband's family! This was such a meaningful experience for all of us...a day we will never forget. Michele has already provided us with some follow up, and we are looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks to Michele, we had the trip of our lives.

1  Thank rcnl19
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Michele for organising my trip and the professional way in which he responded to all my e-mails. The tour was amazing from start to finish, we had booked to start from our hotel at 9.30am, (not on their list, but no problem for them) at 9am our phone rang to tell us that our guide was in reception waiting for us, but please do not rush down. We went to reception to be meet by Guiseppe our guide/driver for our tour of the sights used for the filming of The Godfather, Guiseppe was dressed in a suit, our vehicle for the tour was a Mercedes Benz people carrier. (What a great start) once the introductions were completed we were on our way, first stop Bar Vittali, we decided we would like a coffee there and take in the view, this was no problem at all and we were told it is your day, take as long as you like, then to the church and once again take your time, and so the day went on! We had opted for lunch at a vineyard with wine tasting, oh my what a vineyard was chosen, we walked in was meet by the owner, who took us to our table and then the experience started, 5 wines (short description of each) and 5 courses later (each to compliment the different wines being tasted) we then rejoined Guiseppe to return to our hotel. After posing for pictures we said our goodbyes and rejoined the rest of the people we were holidaying with and relived it and decided it was the best day of our holiday in Sicily. Once again many thanks and when we return to Sicily we will most definitely use your services again!

1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Michele guided us in Agrigento's Valley of the Temples. He is very knowledgeable and able to communicate historical facts in an interesting manner.

Bonus for us was his knowledge of Sicilian history and lore, plus his very entertaining comments with regards to "Inspector Montalbano" and the author, Camilleri.

Michele was very punctual and arranged the tour in a very convenient manner for us. He is fluent in English.

2  Thank Raqueloo
Reviewed 14 June 2016

I was lucky enough to find Michele Gallo to guide a 2-hour walking tour of the Valley of the Temples one early morning in February. Michele was knowledgeable, using visual aids that he brought with him to bring the ruins to life, and sharing general information but also specific historical tidbits that added color and interest to these beautiful ancient ruins. As I was the only person on the tour, he also took some time to tell me a bit more about the area in modern times and took me for a much-needed caffè -- which was also appreciated! -- and I have a feeling he would cater to the group as needed and based on interests (so although I did not have children with me, I think they would enjoy this). I would highly recommend a tour with Michele for anyone who wants to get more from a trip to Agrigento then a few great pictures.

1  Thank Alison N