“Excellent Valley of the Temples Tour”

Sicily Travelnet Private Tours
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Agrigento
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We communicated directly with Michele about a month before our trip to Sicily. I can only comment on him. He was recommended by another highly recommended tour guide from Italy. He was a wealth of information. Professional, understandable,likeable and punctual. Very reasonably priced and gave us the complete history of Sicily and the Temples. We travel often and use guides to get the most out of our trips. Michele is one of the best!

All reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
"private guide"
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I booked Michele on the strength of the online reviews and my wife and I were far from disappointed. Michele was professional, courteous (it was a hot day and he made sure we always found comfortable shade while he talked), and extremely knowledgeable (he studied archeology). My wife and I have even agreed that if we should return to Sicily and hire Michele for several tours throughout the island just because we enjoyed the information so much. I think for us what was so enjoyable was that he provided a depth of knowledge we often don't get in tours. Every question we asked became a discussion, and he has even provided me with images from rare books about subjects we discussed after the tour. I am wracking my brain for a better tour guide I've had in my travels around the world and cannot think of one. Well worth the cost and time!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Agrigento is an amazing sight. However, just seeing the temples without a guide, you lose so much. Michael has such a depth of knowledge. We did a tour with just 2 of us, very reasonably priced. Michael responded very quickly to my text and helped guide us to the right starting point and led us through the site step by step.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

First of all thanks to Michele for organising our tour with prompt replies.
Then onto James who came to pick us up in Taormina very pucntually. The drive was long but only because unfortunately we got stuck in traffic however time flew as we chatted to James and James gave us various tid-bits of the areas we were driving through. We then arrived in Ragusa Ibla to see the Church of Vigata (Cathedral of San Giorgio) and other locations. Then went to Punta Secca to see the exterior of Montalbano's house and Marinella where you can imagine him swimming in the Mediterranean Sea. James then stopped by the Castello di Donnafugata which is the site of an abandoned factory that features in a couple of the films. Leaving this area we then moved to Scicli to see the front of the police station and the Commissioner's office. Well how lucky were we?! Usually you'd able to go upstairs to see the office however, on this occasion the office was closed because they were filming and...we go to see Ispettore Montalbano himself and some of the other actors including Catarella! What I loved about this tour and of James as a guide was that despite the initial traffic that caused us a delay, Kames at all times was very patient and continued for as long as we wanted to and in fact, we had to wait quite some time for Montalbano to come out from his filming and we were all waiting in the rain - Thank you James. The other part my parents and I really enjoyed was that although in fact the tour is about Montalbano, James told us about the places, life in Sicily, the people and these places and showed us some wonderful and unique paintings in each of the Churches we went to (fear not James does not believe in over-doing it with Churches!). He knew so much about the paintings and art work which was really valuable information. All in all, great tour and patient and very knowledgeable guide. Thank you very much!