All reviewslake gardaevening mealindoor outdoor swimming poolexcellent hotelfirst classjunior suitesun bathing areapetrol stationthe main hotel buildingunder coverlots of sun loungersallocated tablewaiter serviceprivate jettypartial lake viewplenty of choicesofa bed
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Have just returned from our second holiday at this lovely hotel. Staff as friendly, helpful and charming as before. Room spotless and the bag to take pool towels down, a welcome addition. The food was excellent, well presented and varied. We chose the chef menu each night rather than the alternative, just to try some new dishes. None of them disappointed. For those who are considering this choice, the beach mentioned is an area of stones within the hotel grounds, not a problem but could be a surprise if you are expecting sand. Also you enter the hotel from the rear so first impression of a busy road and a petrol station might give you a few moments hesitation, don't worry once inside this is an oasis of calm.
We cant wait to return to this excellent, well run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doeplayer
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Returning for the eighth year to this perfect retreat was as usual another great experience. The same courteous staff with their welcoming attention to detail were there to welcome us. Vito's attention to detail and the excellent service and food is second to none. Bardolino is the perfect setting for a true Italian experience and we look forward to next year.
Charles and Jennie.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Charles C
Reviewed 9 July 2015

This year my wife and I decided to return to Bardolino (June 20 to 27) on Lake Garda. We really liked Bardolino during our last visit but were disappointed with the hotel we had chosen although it had received many good reports from others. This year we decided to stay in the Du Lac which we had visited frequently during our last stay.
This is a lovely hotel well positioned by the lake and just a short walk along the lakeside into Bardolino. All the staff were very helpful, friendly and attentive. My wife considers me to be the fussiest devil on two legs when it comes to food and I have always avoided waiter service hotels, particularly in Italy, until this year because I was concerned about the food choices and my ability to select something off the menu offered. I needn’t have worried :- Breakfast :- A very good selection of juices, rolls, bread, croissants, jams, cereals, fresh fruit, scrambled egg, boiled egg, bacon. There was also the facility to make toast and tea and coffee were provided by the staff. Dinner :- Help yourself salad bar with plenty of choice, waiter service starter which on two occasions I did not fancy but as soon as I said I’d skip the starter I was immediately offered an acceptable alternative. Waiter service first course with an alternative if desired, there was always a nice soup option available. Similarly the second or main course had an alternative if desired. On the one occasion my wife I did not want either choice we were asked what we would like and had our meals prepared to perfection without fuss or comment. There was always a good choice of desert available. The room we had (222) was very nicely laid out with flat screen tv, mini bar, (for use if desired) excellent air conditioning, room safe at no extra charge. Although to the side of the hotel our room had quite a good view of the lake and the surrounding mountainside from the balcony. There was also a nice bag containing two towels for our use on the sun beds free of charge or deposit which were changed regularly. Bath robes and slippers were also provided for guests use free of charge. The bathroom was well equipped with shower and bath, hand basin and plenty of towels that were changed daily. There are excellent indoor/outdoor swimming pool and first class gym facilities at the adjoining Bellevue.
Thinking of visiting Bardolino, well you really must consider this hotel, it’s first class in a beautiful location and I’m sure you’ll not be disappointed, my wife and I had a lovely holiday and will return to this hotel again, drinks on the terrace at reasonable prices can’t wait.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 13SandyBy
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Have just returned from our second trip to Lake Garda and the hotel Du Lac. Cannot fault it, the staff are friendly and helpful and the food is great and plentiful. This is a very relaxing and peaceful hotel even though it's fully occupied. Situated on the lake and a lovely short stroll into Bardolino town with plenty of small shops and cafes . Would definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Believe all the good things you read about this hotel not the negatives. Fantastic staff throughout the hotel, comfortable rooms, and very good food. Safe in the room at no extra charge, hotel wide internet at no extra charge, choice of 6 types of pillows for your bed should you wish. Sun bed towels provided and changed regularly, even a stylish bag for your use during the day. Tap water is good to drink.
Prices of drinks reasonable, in fact never felt over charged once in and around Bardolino. Italian ice cream to die for everywhere.
We are still here and I am writing this overlooking the lake from our balcony. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple