Ok hotel - perhaps built '70's/80's has been through a facelift or two.... on the cheap- the tiles in our bathroom had been painted-over but now peeling in places, crack in shower tray, hairline crack in washbasin, towel rail only just hanging onto the wall. Breakfast - nothing to get out of bed for, amongst the offerings: a tray of Basic Brand yoghurt (not appealing), diluted concentrate fruit 'juice' (think Ace from Lidel) serve yourself coffee machines & hideous table decoration. On the PLUS side - despite reviews I had read here on TA-
1) the staff were perfectly charming & helpful: booked us a cab, served us poolside (coffee in the morning & Amaretto late in the evening) & kindly placed anti mosquito candles around & about to protect us
2) the pool was spotlessly clean
This hotel MIGHT be a good option if you need to be near the airport....... sadly it is NOT a good option if you wish to be in Florence proper - the no: 2 bus - just 150m frm hotel- has 4 buses an hour only costs €2 BUT took us 55 mins ( hotel told us 20mins on a good day- which may well be 24th Dec!!!)
Unfortunately at 10:30pm we were told bus no longer runs- return to hotel cost us €35 by cab. Return to Florence centre next day cost €55 !!!!
We decided- £ better spent on accommodation actually IN Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel First is an elegant and comfortable 4 stars hotel in Calenzano with 127 rooms, internal parking, swimming pool, a great convention center and a restaurant. Hotel First is situated in Dino Ciolli street, 5 in Calenzano, next to motorway exit Calenzano/Sesto Fiorentino and only 1.5 km Firenze Nord exit away. The location allows to reach easily the highway, Designer Outlet of Barberino del Mugello, Florence and Prato city. Hotel First represents the ideal solution for business trip and also leisure travel. Important meeting rooms can seat up to 420 guests, is just 1.5 km from Highway A1 and A11 and 4 km from Firenze-Peretola Airport. The proximity of Designer Outlet of Barberino del Mugello (15 minutes by car) and Old Town of Florence(20 minutes by car) makes it an ideal choice for leisure travel dedicated to shopping or sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel First reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 1st
- First Hotel Calenzano
- Hotel First Province Of Florence/Calenzano