All reviews rustic hotel walkable distance chianti valley boil your own eggs short walk hotel is great separate building main building breakfast was excellent a lovely stay lovely town air conditioning breakfast is served nice room grounds are beautiful our honeymoon pool area is
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Our stay at Hotel Salivolpi was great! We had the superior double room which was amazing! This hotel was what I pictured Tuscany to be. Amazing area outside with a swimming pool. Short walk down to Castellina. Pizza restaurant right by the hotel was nice. We went to the free wine tasting and symposium one night, and it was probably the best night we had during our 18-day road trip in Italy. If you like wine you need to go! There are no bus or train connections in Castellina, so you need a car. Great parking at the hotel. Will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lene G
CHIANTIHOTELS, Direttore at Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Lene G,
what a joy in reading your lovely words about your stay in our country Hotel. We like to make people feel like at home and to wish to come back soon when they leave!
All our rooms are comfortable and well cared with a little touch of charming rustic style. The lovely garden and the swimming pool give to our guests special moments of relax and positivity.
The position makes our Hotel Salivolpi a strategic starting point for a walk down town to enjoy the nice restaurants, the pretty historical centre or for longer excurtions to the faboulous places that surround us. We really would be honored to welcome you again here at Salivolpi with our greatest smile and a good Chianti wine glass!
The Manager (Marco Orlandi)

Reviewed 17 July 2016

We had a very relaxing family holiday here. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially helpful with my fussy teens vegan diet.
The rooms were clean and furnished with antique furniture.
We stayed in the annex part which was quiet with only four rooms in it, and a nice patio area to sit.
The hotel was a picturesque spot on the outskirts of Castellina.
There was plenty of seating around the pool and in the garden area too.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank aglassbrook

Dear aglassbrook,
we are so thankful for your kindness and your beautiful words about your stay with us at Salivolpi! We are glad that you loved our services, our breakfast and our location. There is enough to come back soon, please come back to visit us at Salivolpi, you will be welcomed with our greatest smile!
Marco Orlandi (Manager)

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Travelling with 4 others and booked this hotel at the last minute. Lovely village and the hotel charming. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff, adequate breakfast and welcome swim at the end of the day. Highly recommend for the price

Room tip: Some rooms are upstairs. No elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Anne C, we are so gratefull for the beautiful words you left us about your stay here in Salivolpi! All of us at Salivolpi are happy to pamper and to help our guests with our advices, all we want is making people happy and well cared! A special thank you from the staff and see you again at Salivolpi!
The Manager (Marco Orlandi)

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel's location offered everything we were looking for in Tuscany. It's very close by the town Castello in Chianti which has a very cute small town center located inside the town castle with local wine shops where you can also have a nice meal. Hotel rooms are decorated very nicely in Tuscan style and the hotel is surrounded by beautiful vineyards.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear AybikeOguz, Thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay with us at Colle Etrusco Salivolpi! Your words show us wonderful memories of your stay and total satisfaction in the services we offer: we like to give to our guests a great service, a huge and healthy breakfast, a relaxing atmosphere just few steps away from the centre of our town and surrounded by all wonderful spots that the Chianti region offers to discover. We are so happy you really enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to Welcome you again in the future!
The manager (Marco Orlandi)

Reviewed 8 June 2016

First and foremost, the three star rating is not because this hotel is deficient in any major respect. The rooms are large enough. The pillows are the softest I had during this trip to Italy, and the olive oil bath products are fantastic. No, the less than perfect rating is due to little things, many of which are personal preferences of my own.

The staff is amazing. They are friendly and cheerful, and they were very gracious with my attempts to practice my limited Italian.

Breakfast is included in the price of the room. It's served in large room with both individual and group tables. I wasn't really impressed with the breakfast selection. It's a cold meal with limited offerings, although there was some contraption at the end of the buffet that looked like you could possibly toast some bread and cheese inside of a cage. (I never did figure out that one.) There is also a large machine for making coffee and several types of juices.

Wifi is included in the cost as well, and the wifi connection was incredible during the entirety of my stay.

There are three buildings with guest rooms. One is in the main building where the reception area is located. One is the building over the breakfast room. (Note: Friends in that building said the walls are SO thin that you can literally hear everything in the adjoining rooms.) The third building is a smaller one with four guest rooms (and a lovely porch) which is where I stayed.

My view was of the car park, so that wasn't anything spectacular. The windows do open, but there are no screens so I had several flies and a few bees until I closed the window. The windows do have shutters, but I couldn't reach far enough to unlatch mine to close them at night. Being in a ground floor room, I didn't want to sleep with the windows wide open.

My room had a huge wardrobe, but unfortunately I couldn't unhook most of the hangers from their attachments at the top. That meant that I could barely reach the hangers to put away my clothes. (If you're tall, you won't have this problem.) I also didn't enjoy having to latch and unlatch the second door of the wardrobe every time I wanted to access the left side which was also where the safe was located. (Note: The safe is small. Think passport and cash size.)

The bathroom comes with shampoo, body wash, hand soap, and body lotion and a hair dryer. The room also has an electric kettle to make coffee and tea and a minibar with paid options for different drinks.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the village, and there are many dining options within that walking span. Take advantage of the wine tasting offered by the sister property, as it's a lot of fun. You can also walk to the Etruscan tombs from the hotel. The only thing I'd point out is that you have to walk along a narrow bit of shoulder to reach these things, and the road receives a fair amount of traffic.

It was too cold to use the swimming pool while I was there, but the grounds are lovely.

Overall, it's quaint and charming and perfect for a short stay.

Room tip: The guest rooms above the breakfast area have very thin walls. Consider asking for another room if noise bothers you.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends