All reviews buffet breakfast old world reading room air conditioning his wife terrace overlooking clean pool cold cuts perfect stay grounds are beautiful food and wine stayed for nights yogurt chianti area olive oil franco landscape
Reviewed 17 October 2015

The owners and staff were very warm and welcoming. Our standard room was fairly basic but well appointed and close to both the pool and the breakfast room. The pool is a highlight, with a nice view across a valley to soak in.

Breakfast was extensive, well prepared and included within the room rate. We also had dinner on our first night following a fairly late arrival. Price and standard was comparable to the other restaurants we sampled in the area, which were overall excellent.

Overall we'd definitely recommend Villa Casalecchi for couples or family.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2015

What a magic stay! We booked this hotel for 5 nights but didn’t want to leave and decided to stay 3 nights longer. I highly recommend this hotel to people looking to stay somewhere in peace and breathtaking atmosphere of Tuscany including excellent location for visiting Siena, Firenze, S. Gimignano, Voltera, Radda and others.
The true heart and soul of this place are owners and welcoming staff. The owner's attention to detail is unique – room themes and decoration, cleanness, comfortable beds, really fabulous dining area, garden, pool with clear water… The food and wine was also delicious. We would certainly return to this charming villa with its warm and friendly ambience!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015

It was great from the moment we arrived. We had two rooms, one facing the wine yard beyond the pool and the other facing the long n winding road that approaches the property. Both rooms had fantastic amenities, toiletries, the showers were amazing and the breakfasts were the best we'd had. The business owners run this place with passion and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the vinyard.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2015

It was my first time overseas, we went to Rome, Amalfi Coast and last stop beautiful Tuscany..
I remember how overwhelmed i was when we began driving through the Tuscan hills, tears rolled down my face, I looked at my daughter and said "I don't know why i am crying", it just took my breath away, never experienced that before.
It was the highlight of my trip, apart from traveling with my beautiful daughter Sophie. We had an amazing Mother Daughter time together. We decided to spend some time sipping Prosecco and cooling off in the really clean pool that was waiting for us.To our surprise we got an added bonus and met some fabulous Aussie girls who were swimming that day, need i say more, lots of laughter and many drinks later we were the boisterous Aussies, but alas we had the time of our lives!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

We have been for six nights in Villa Casalecchi, staying in the 2-bedroom suite. It has been amazing. We have enjoyed a lot the atmosphere of the classical building, the charm and amability of the whole family running the business and the sourrundings, including the pool with a Chianti view

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family