See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The famliy that runs the Hotel is warm and friendly and the hotel is perfecly situated by the beach.
The manager helped us intenstly when we around midnight suspected a crack in the youngests finger. Ice, bandages and painrelif came delivered toghether with a very concerned attention.
Next time we will book in good time ahed so we can secure a table in the restaurant aswell!
Grazie mille.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days during our honeymoon and we had a wonderful time!

Room: We had lovely corner room on the top floor with a view of the ocean to the left and the castle to our right. By American standards the room was on the smallish size but as long as we kept everything neat, it worked out just fine. There was very little counter space in the bathroom though so I was happy my toiletry bag had a hook so I could hang it. There really wasn’t much décor but that didn’t matter much to us.

Location: Its one block from the beach, literally a 30 second walk to Bagno Castiglione, which was the closest beach. The main little town area over the bridge is under a 10 min walk. There were many restaurants and shops and gelato, of course. This area was actually pretty busy at night considering the town is so small. And don’t expect everyone to speak English, there were actually very few people there who did so be sure to know some basic Italian – this goes for the hotel staff as well.

Food: We opted for the half board (you can pick 2 of the 3 meals to have there with the half board rate) we choose breakfast and dinner. Each night they gave you a menu with a selection of appetizers, entrées and side dishs to choose from for the next day. The menus were in Italian though so we had to decipher them each night! However, everything was excellent!

Hints: I didn’t read the fine print and didn’t realize until the bill came that the price I was quoted over email was PER PERSON. I didn’t even give it a second thought since we don’t get charged that way in America so keep that in mind when booking. If you don’t finish your wine or water at your meal, they will save it for you to have at your next meal. There’s a little grocery store behind the hotel (on the same block), we would stop there to get snacks and drinks for the beach every morning. Silly us, we didn’t realize that we needed to have our own towels for the beach so we had to buy some. There are several shops that sell beach stuff on Via Ansedonia, the street right behind the hotel.The closest train station is in Grosetto, about a 45 euro ride.

Room Tip: There is no option for a room with a view so you just have to ask for it when you book
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonia T
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Nice, friendly and professional service.
Room clean and with good amenities. Forniture a little old dated bit still pleasent.
Good restaurant and very nice service as well. Great value for the price.
I was looking for a connection and couldn't use my pc. The owner give me his Mac at full disposal. Location very close to the sea (not in the front) and from some room you can see the sea.
Clam area easy to access with car.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chalma
Reviewed 12 May 2008

My boyfriend and I have just stayed in this hotel and we just loved it. It is a very cosy hotel, nicely furnished and with a warm atmosphere.The owners are extremely nice and will make you feel at home. Above all the cuisine is superlative and one would never want to leave! I think it is very unusual to find a place like this anymore. The location is also perfect : only 40 meters from the beach! One of those place you will always want to go back to.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank marinaRoma
Reviewed 2 July 2007

My wife and I book this hotel through google earth. We went in September just at the end of rainstorms so the town was a little quiet. The hotel made up for everything, right next to the beech, excellent food, excellent service, the decor was relaxing and refined. Dinner was a lovely treat, the food great, most people were german or italian and everyone helped us in chosing our food (the menu wasn't in english at that stage. We had a lovely wine selected for us, which we didn't receive but the following evening the bottle was bought back to our table. Coming from London you expect poor service and to be ripped off. This wasn't the case here.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple