See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2014

This hotel was a last minute decision for my husband and I as we were trying to reduce a long drive and the hotel was convenient and affordable. The place is clean although the shower flooded due to a misplaced bathmat. The staff was nice enough for our one night stay. There is an enormous amount of nick nacks on every flat surface.There is so much furniture in the hallway I was glad I did not bring my suitcase in because it would not have fit and I likely would have broken something. The restaurant was packed to the rafters with cameras, crockery, pictures, 2 life size mannikins dressed in costumes (creepy) etc. The dinner menu was far too extensive for a large and empty space. The food was very basic and OK with no presentation. I ordered a green salad that was wet and the most unappetizing I have ever seen. Breakfast was cold eggs, cold cuts and cheese. It is just a place to lay your head and does not give you anything Tuscan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary5760
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We found this place just because it was one of the few places with affordable price. We went there with two small children after a long car trip, and it was a refreshing and peasant surprise.
The place has a thing for cars and old Vespa, so they built seats and a whole bar to please the Vespa-fanatics. This said, the owners are absolutely lovely and there is a lot of space and some games outsides for the children to play in. The spot is by the highway exit, not the centre of Chiusi and so it's great if you plan to drive around this area.

The rooms were nice and comfy, not refurbished in a modern style but the beds were absolutely perfect!

There was a great indoor leisure room with chessboards and books, and even a small gym.

We really liked staying here

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Already from the nice parking space I got the feeling that this was a nice welcome for a tired traveler. The rooms are OK, and the hotel restaurant is very good. But above all, the gentle and personal welcome from the hotel management. Surely a place to return to. Most recommendable!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kilianTrondheim
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I couldn't have found a better place to stay if I had been searching my computer for a place in Tuscany near Montepulciano. Right near the Autostrada, convenient, comfortable, hospitable, clean, friendly and a wonderful restaurant too! My friend and I will return with our husbands and stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shirleemci
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This family run establishment is more like an upscale US motel or lodge than a hotel. It's very near the main freeway to Rome and on the outskirts of Chiusi. Most guests probably arrive by car and use the big convenient parking lot. We came by train and took the long taxi ride out to the hotel. Our plan was to take the bus to Montepulciano and Pienza from the bus stop near the hotel. We weren't able to do this because we arrived on Sunday when the buses don't run. Nevertheless we had a wonderful meal in the outdoor restaurant and a comfortable night's rest. This is a well cared for and well run family operation.

Room Tip: If you wish to take the bus into Tuscany, remember that buses do not run on Sunday.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple