Alibrandi Palace(Civitavecchia)
US$86
  • Breakfast included
B&B Fuori dal Porto(Civitavecchia)
US$74
B&B Il Conservatorio(Civitavecchia)
US$62
Albergo Ollolai(Civitavecchia)(Great Value!)
US$57
Antica Aurelia B&B(Civitavecchia)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Bar/Lounge
US$105
All reviewscruise portthe hotel managerpre cruiseone nightshuttle busspeaks perfect englishminute walklarge balconyincluded breakfastfantastic pizzasmall showergrocery storeperfect locationnext morningfree portshort staygood size
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Yet another great stay at Hotel Traghetto. This was my second time here (first time was in 2015). I love the location, as it's just a block from the cruise shuttle pick up point; Europcar and Budget are the same distance; Todi grocery store is a 3-minute walk away; center of town is a 15-minute walk.

However, what I love the best is the service and wonderful treatment we get from Giuseppe and his staff. Giuseppe was a fantastic host (manager) who loves his job and loves meeting people. He's a gem. He goes out of his way to help people and take the time to talk to everyone. Luigi is also very friendly and helpful.

I had room 402, which faces the port and has a huge balcony. The room is very large with a nice size bathroom. The bed is on the firm side and I was glad to have my travel pillow (I'm picky about pillows). This is not a fancy hotel but perfect for my needs.

Breakfast is the usual continental foods and gets me going for the day.

Wifi in my room was spotty at times.

This is the only place I'll stay whenever I'm in Civitavecchia. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank mjpileggi
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The Hotel Traghetto was as I expected it to be from TA reviews. Location could not have been better for getting to cruise ships. Also, staff went out of their way to be helpful. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others and I will stay there again next time I'm in the area. Additionally, the location was good for shopping and restaurants. AND, staff arranged for reasonable transport back to FCO.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BeenthereNC
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This small hotel is literally steps away from the cruise shuttle pick up point. The rooms are adequate. The guys at the front desk did everything possible to make our stay comfortable and even let us store our luggage after we had checked out. One area of improvement is the breakfast which was mostly sweet pastries. Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joelle D
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We were leaving for a Mediterranean cruise and needed a hotel near the port. We read the reviews here on trip advisor and decided to try this hotel. We loved it. The people were friendly and the breakfast quite adequate. We had a room on the fourth floor with a large balcony. The room was clean and larger than I expected. The wi-fi worked just fine. From the balcony we were able to watch people arriving and leaving the cruise ship area so we knew what do to the next day. The next day.we walked the block to the gate of the port. It was delightful. We also utilized their transport service from the airport to their hotel, and it was efficient and reasonably priced. Would recommend this hotel whole-heartedly and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FJMBS
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We are not apt to complain about hotels, especially in Europe. We stay in 3 star hotels in many towns. Although we expected Civitavecchia to be less than great, this hotel was really dumpy. The bed was almost on the floor which is very difficult for the tall people that we are. The curtains were very old and let a lot of light in. There was no ambiance to the room at all. The toilet barely flushed which necessitated our flushing it several times to get things to go down. The hot warm was just warm enough to take a shower using all hot water. I don't usually write bad reviews, and I am floored that so many people rated this room as 'excellent', but I would not stay here. There have to be other hotels in Civitavecchia that are a more pleasant way to spend the night before a cruise.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple