All reviewsfifteen minute walkexcellent familya family run hotelwellness areawalk into townthree nightsbit datedwonderful hotelcable cartraillaundry
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I spent 5 days at Hotel Menardi during my Cortina stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have a great buffet breakfast included and excellent restaurant on site for 4 course dinners. The hotel includes lots of extra touches like a comfortable sitting area downstairs which serves basic beer and wine and other drinks. They have a hot tub, and onsite laundry. It only took a few hours for laundry service. The heart of town and bus station is a fifteen minute walk, but there is a walking trail right behind the hotel that leads the way. The local bus also stops right across the street, and takes less than 5 minutes to get to town. Staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room away from street side for more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank rjuricich
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This was my third stay at Hotel Menardi - that probably says a lot. This is an excellent family run and friendly hotel. I strongly recommend it. We were walking in the area and this is a very suitable hotel in a pleasant location. Walking into town along the back lane is a pleasure. The hotel recommended restaurants which were both very good and not pretentious. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

A great place to stay for our family of 5, including 3 teenagers. Nice location, although it is a long walk or easy drive into downtown Cortina. Very friendly staff. Food was great, although a little sophisticated for the kids. Rooms are very nice and look like they were pretty recently renovated.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Everything is great, the room, the view, the staff, the surroundings, the breakfast, the bar, the restaurant, and the sauna.
There are rooms without balcony, but I picked the one with, excellent choice.
I was there before the season opened (June 15th), while most of the hotels and cabins were closed, Hotel Menardi was opened.
I would love to come back and bring more friends with me.

Room Tip: Great rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael Z, Direttore vendite at Menardi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hello Octavian F,

I know it has been a while since you stayed in our Hotel but I wanted to thank you for your review and I hope we can host you again in a near future. Next time make sure to put the right number of stars on the review :) .

Michael

Reviewed 13 March 2017

For us the hotel had great pros and cons which made it difficult to rate but our overall impression was that for what was on offer it was overpriced.
Pros :-
Very friendly helpful staff, it is a family run hotel and the service was outstanding
Good food in restaurant
Nice communal areas, bar with log fire,quiet room, breakfast room etc
Nice garden area
Very convenient for Cable car/ski area, ski hire and main town
Pleasant off road walk into town
Very clean rooms immaculate bedding
Original features and typical alpine decor
Plenty of parking

Cons :-
Bathroom small and a bit dated, very small bath (my husband is tall and struggled to fit !) and no shower fixture or curtain so shower was for hair rinse only
Rooms at front have road noise
No thick curtains only nets so light comes in first thing in the morning
No tea/coffee making facilities in room
The wellness area (one of the main reasons I booked the place) was closed Tuesdays and after 8.30pm. It was in a separate building and nudity was mandatory. I have no problem with others wishing to be nude but as I have several operation scars it wasn't an option for me. I explained this to the owner but he was adamant that we had to be nude.
I wish this had been more prominent in the hotel information because I would not have booked but would have gone for a cheaper option without a wellness area.
Interestingly the Grand Savoy let me use their top notch spa and pool for a day rate of 38 euros and there costumes and hats were obligatory.
The bill came to 716 Euros for three nights B and B with 2 three course dinners and wine.

Room Tip: Rooms at back not overlooking road are quiet and have a great view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple