Pensione Villa Sant'Antonio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Villa Nefele(Giardini Naxos)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sabbie d'Oro(Giardini Naxos)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sporting Baia(Giardini Naxos)
  • Pool
Nike Hotel Sicily(Giardini Naxos)
Hotel Kalos(Giardini Naxos)
  • Beachfront
Arathena Rocks Hotel(Giardini Naxos)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Porto Azzurro(Giardini Naxos)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel La Sirenetta(Giardini Naxos)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Orpheus(Giardini Naxos)
Hotel Eliseo(Giardini Naxos)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe air conditioningmount etnab bvegetablesbalconybreakfasttaormina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel
Simple cozy place away from the highway. Free parking. On the first floor - kitchen with hall. Second and third floor room for travelers.
This is a Italian family hotel. Most of the rest - the Italians from the mainland. Language - Italian and Sicilian.

On the first floor special place for relax after breakfast or dinner (sofa + tables + chairs).
150 - 200 meters to the center and the beach. The beach stretches along the city.

Breakfast
Execellent ! Several kind of coffee to choose from. Ham (cervelat), cheese, pieces of vegetables, eggs and something more.
And the most important ! Baking ! It makes no sense to talk, you need to try.

Room
In the room there is a bed, wardrobe, table, chair, TV, air conditioning, remote control TV and air conditioning, safe (in the closet), two bedside tables, three lamps, a "chandelier", a large mirror. Consists of a room, bath and balcony (maybe not at all).

Linen change almost every day.

Sea
The sea is clean but cold. Coating of sand and pebbles. Most beaches are paid, which is not good.

Restaurant (cafe)
On the any taste.

For family with children
Specialized playgrounds in city.

For woman
Lots of stores for women.

A place you must visit in any case
Etna
Ticket for the funicular - 27 euros (2,500 meters) (There - back. Runs to 17-00. Who did not ride on the eleventh route (a little bit harsh Russian humor)).
Bus to the top (2940 meters) - 28 euro. I advise you to arrive early morning hours to 10-11. Buy a ticket only funicular. Rest of the way on foot. You will not regret it! Yes it will not be easy, but it's worth it!   I recommend!

You should have - water, some food, windproof clothing, comfortable shoes, good mood.

You can also visit - Syracuse, Taormina and etc.

Car hire and driving
Be sure to take the car. Rent only with full insurance. The smaller the better. Very few places in the city. Almost all paid parking that just is not very good. Level driver culture - below average. Do not use turn signals. Ignore traffic signals. The parking level is nice. Like to talk straight on the road, creating a traffic jam.

Buy cheaper souvenirs home in large supermarkets for local residents. Prices are cheaper at least twice.
For example. Sunscreen in the Giardini - 18 euros in a supermarket about 9 euros.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Sarumian
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Hotel has a great location in Giardini Naxos, close to the beach and restaurants, but is still away from the noise- Giardini Naxos can be noisy, especially in the night.
We came from Catania by Bus (Etna Transporti) and found the villa easy, comming from the bus station Recanati (10 minutes walking). You can't miss it, because there are about 3 signs showing you the way.
I was surprised that the hotel looks much better than presented in the pictures on the web site. The rooms are smaller, but we're talking about a 3 stars hotel in Italy. I was impressed about how clean it is (I even checked the places less accesibile and they were perfectly clean). The room is cleand daily and they also change the towels.
Because I didn't read all the reviews, I was surprised to find a safe-seposit box in the room, a hairdryer and a small TV.
We had a room on the third floor, with great sea view. Even though there is no elevator, I recomand the rooms on the last floor because they have a better view from the large balcony, but the disadvantage is that there the wifi has no signal there.
The breakfast is also great -a big plate with panini bread, ham, cheese, salami and vegetables salad and an italian snack, but also a sweets buffet with cakes, croissants with nutella and jam and fruit salad plus coffee/ tea and red orange/ ananas juice. You can serve the breakfast inside or on the terrace.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oana28
Reviewed 9 June 2014

There are 18 rooms in the building over 3 floors, the rooms are small but comfortable, all rooms have large balcony's most of them have 2 aspects so you can move around during the day, also you get 2 views on one side is the sea view and on the other is Mount Etna. This is a family run accommodation and only Antonio speaks English, he is there in the morning however everybody is really helpful even if it can take a bit of improvisation to get a message across if you don't speak Italian. the rooms are cleaned daily and soaps and shampoos provided, there is also a hair drier in the rooms. Parking is a premium in Giardini Naxos and pretty much impossible in Taormina , however there is parking available at this accommodation free of charge, there is room for about 6 cars and I never had a problem the whole 2 weeks I was there. The only think I would say is that the rooms don't have a fridge, however the owner allowed us to use the fridge in the laundry room outside

Breakfast is included and consists of a plate made up of meats and salad items, this changes everyday, if you don't want meat you can have Cheese. there is also cereal, croissants and other continental buffet items. with Tea or Coffee

Giardini Naxos is nice it gets busy with traffic on the small streets at the weekend, there are restaurants and Bars. Taormina is close by and is a beautiful hillside village, full of shops and restaurants. there is a bus from Giardini Naxos (5 mins from Sant Antonio) and it takes about 20 mins to get there and 1.90 Euro. however the last bus home is about 21.00 so it may be a taxi home or about 50 min walk all down hill.

The only downside to the area is in 2 weeks I was there I had to have Italian food every night as there are only Italian restaurants around

I would recommend Sant Antonio as it is located perfectly, friendly and really good value

Room Tip: All rooms have sea or Etna View
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MancJai
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Me & my husband recently stayed here we were pleasantly surprised by the decor marble/tiled flooring throughout, the room was clean & fairly modern but was basic with an en suite shower room. We enjoyed our stay here and the views from our balcony were amazing being so close to the beach, although we weren't entirely sure they were changing our sheets every day & were just making the bed as we could see the baccy where my husband had rolled a cigarette from before we left. The owners were pleasant but don't speak English yet we managed to communicate with a phrase book & actions. I would recommend to friends and family!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We spent a week here with my husband. We arrived quite early, before 10 am, but thought it is worth to have a try if we can get a room. They asked a few minutes patience and we got our keys very soon, so I was stunned (they had full house, the room was cleaned for us in priority).
A rich breakfast is in the price of the room, it contains omlette/frittata, ham, salame, cheese and tomato salad, they serve on a plate a small portion of all of them with rolls. Beside this there are croissants, donuts, cakes, cereals, fruit or fruit salad you can choose from + coffee, juice.
The room was nice, furniture was quite new, room was cleaned and towels were changed every day.
I think we were lucky with our quiet neighbours but even the smallest noise from the staircase could be heard in the room. There is an amusement park close to the hotel, sometimes the music was extremely loud but they always finished before midnight so it did not disturb our sleep.
It's definitely not a 5 star hotel but in its category it is perfect for having a great holiday!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple