See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2016

After pricing hotels nearby we happened on this little gem. Given room 101 made my friend Ann and I laugh, it was functional, but what surprised us was the grand balcony with views of Etna and an orchard, which was birdwatching heaven. There's parking too in a quiet street and its only 5 mins walk to seafront. I liked it here, Antonio was helpful, breakfast had so many yummy items, and we ate at the family restaurant harbourside with amazing views of Taormina perched on rocks far above.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katarina96
Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is old building and good thing there is amazing view to the Etna and green landscapes but that's all. Breakfast buffet end very soon and tourists often (especially at summer) they eat all and if you don't hurry up and run to the Breakfastroom you got nothing to eat then, they left there only juice for me. At that time there was only one woman working at the Breakfast room and she said time is out and here is nothing more but the breakfast time was not over yet. I had 30 minutes time still left to go there for eating something but there was no food left anymore then. Because of the Siesta restaurants were closed and I found nothing to eat at daytime only I found icecream from cafeteria. At the Pensione I heard often voices from other rooms and the shower was only "roof" shower not very modern it's old fashion. When I was there the warm water end after 5-6 minutes in shower. If you like to stay in hostels and tent then this is ok to you.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view to the Etna it's Special
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Just come back from 2 weeks here and found the small hotel to be perfect for what we needed.

As others have said, it isn't the most modern, but it has everything you need as a base and the staff are helpful and friendly - they don't speak much English, but we all muddled along.

I'd asked for a high room so we'd get a view and what a view! A large, double aspect balcony means we could always see Etna (constantly smoking away), the high up towns of Taormina and Castelmola, plus the sea - couldn't ask for more.

It meant we were on the 3rd floor and there aren't any lifts, but I took the exercise of 61 steps as a way to walk off a delicious all you can eat breakfast. This is bread rolls, a plate of meats and cheese, coffee, squash, cereals, yoghurts, a mixture of pastries (though most had chocolate) and my favourite - fresh fruit salad.

The rooms were cleaned everyday and the nice powerful shower always had plenty of hot water.

Just a word of warning - the air conditioning (free - as is the room safe) is very good, so if yours isn't working properly, let them know and they will put it right for you. We sweated it out for a week before mentioning it and of course wish I'd mentioned it before as the second week was a much more comfortable sleep!

The free wi-fi is good, but I think you only pick it up downstairs - though maybe some of the rooms on the first floor may get it.

We had a hire car which we always managed to squeeze in somewhere, as parking is a premium.

Halfway through our stay, it was so hot and humid that we needed to wash some of our clothes - we visited the local laundrette, but first visit we couldn't park anywhere nearby and the second visit it was closed - we mentioned it to the hotel staff and they did all of our laundry for free - excellent service!

We're not likely to revisit Sicily, but if I was, I wouldn't hesitate to rebook. Thank you.

Room Tip: Room 303, lovely!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Viv027
Reviewed 22 June 2015

pozitive aspects- a quite, nice place in a pretty good location, with big terraces- our terrace was overlooking Taormina, Etna and also the sea; the breakfast was plentiful and varied.
negative aspects- pretty small rooms and they did not give too much attention to cleanliness in the rooms;

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2014

at this guest house we found a very warming family awaiting us. very clean and in a quite area, nice breakfast, and very helpful. close to the beach and all what holiday makers need. the only drawback is no lift is available for after the shopping is done ;p

Room Tip: top rooms have better views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family