“Excellent gluten free meal”
Review of Piccola Plasa

Piccola Plasa
Ranked #8 of 135 Restaurants in Iseo
Price range: US$18 - US$47
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Chose this because I am coeliac and it offered gluten free options and contacted them before hand to check that would be OK. So glad we chose this place - the owners clearly understood Coeliac needs and advos3d from the start what o could and couldn’t have and what could be adapted.

The food was really good, the service perfect and the restaurant well,located, pleasant and very clean. To be honest if there were half stars I would give it 4.5. It doesn’t quite get to 5 on all counts but I would thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank Jo W

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Last night my wife and I went to the Piccolo Plasa Restaurant in Iseo and had an inconsistent experience. My wife had the degustation menu 1, me the degustation menu 2. As a starter we both had a variety of cold fish and mussels which was good. After that both of us had a lemon sorbet which was excellent. Then I had a " fritto misto", a variety of fried fish which was good, too. My wife had pasta with fish. There was far too much salt with the pasta. The waiter came and asked if everything was ok and I told him that my fish was good but that the pasta had too much salt. He didn't really show a sign of regret.
After the meal my wife ordered a cafe espresso, me a caffe coretto (coffee with a shot of grappa). The waitress brought two cafe espresso. I waited some time for her to bring the grappa but nothing happened so I drank my coffee before it got too cold. When I was paying for the meal at the desk the waiter asked once more if everything was ok. I told him again about the over-salted pasta and the lacking caffe coretto. It was obvious that I was not satisfied with the situation. The waiter showed signs of astonishment but didn't do anything to keep us satisfied. As a summary: most of the food was ok, the service could have been better. Neither would I go to that restaurant again nor would I recommend it to a friend.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This is a very good restaurant, food is exellent and really home made on the spot with a personal touch by the cook. Servings are to some extend different than at the big restaurants to the sea side but deffinately better. Menu card offers a good spread of starters, pasta and main courses as well as deserts. Staff is very profesional, friendly
and speaks good english. Servings were quick (at the time the restaurant was about
half booked). We already booked a table there with friends later in July.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We spent a dinner here last week, the place is small but beautiful and comfortable, the proprietors are nice and the waiters kind. We ordered paccheri with krab and orecchiette with mushrooms and fish, then a mix grilled of fish and the octopus with water and a bottle of brolettino ca' de frati. We enjoyed the dishes that were very delicious. At the end they offered a limoncello that we refused just because we were full and happy. Last, since the restaurant is small I suggest to book a reservation.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Hairdresser in Iseo recommended this hotel when we asked if she could tell us of a good restaurant and we're glad she did. Known for its fish dishes but their homemade noodles and mushroom starter was amazing. We ordered the sea bass with tomato and olives arrived in the pan it was baked in so it was hot and bubbly. Never tasted anything like it. Service was great and friendly. We ordered the house red wine which was also excellent.